Friday 2 December 2022

November Rudolph Days Challenge Winner

We had 42 entries for our final Rudolph Challenge of the year. That makes my heart happy! One thing I have always enjoyed about this challenge, even before I hosted it, is that this challenge is fairly small by current challenge standards. I think that fact is one of the main reasons that the bloggers who visit here and enter here, seem to embrace visiting each other and take the opportunity to create virtual friendships with each other.

I feel that I am virtual friends with all of you and it is a lovely feeling. It has bolstered me through COVID when we were all trapped at home and trying to make the best of life. And you all embraced me when Al was so poorly, and I was so worried about him. He gets stronger every day, and is slowly learning to cope with the differences in his stamina and strength. Our grandson is 15 now and comes up to shovel our snow now, but earlier in the year he blew the leaves up onto the lawn and then mowed them up when he cut the lawn for us. Al goes out with him, not so much to supervise, but to just spend the time with him, chatting and joking around. Of course there are always desserts and tea available inside for afterwards! They were always really close as they share a zany sense of humour, but they are even closer now and it is lovely to see. Family is truly wonderful!!!

I used Random Org to draw our winner #25 Sandra
Sandra, please email me at maureenkane@telus.net and let me know your mailing address.

10 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Congratulations Sandra.

KarinsArtScrap said...

congratulations Sandra

gr karin

LesleyG said...

Congratulations Sandra, how funny it’s number 25!!! Thanks for running this challenge, we know how difficult it can be, especially with life’s challenges, we do appreciate you! Happy Christmas everyone xxx

Sue - said...

Congratulations Sandra! I’m so pleased to hear that Al is doing so well and how lovely that your grandson is so helpful and that they are so close. I think we all appreciate you running this blog through some stressful times. I hope you have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas. xx

Linby said...

This is lovely to read. Congrats Sandra.

Sandra H said...

Wow what a wonderful surprise to see my name pop up l did have to do a double check showing the number certainly provides the winner once again thank you and so looking forward to 2023 challenges, l completely agree having virtual friends blog land is brilliant, so pleased too that your hubby is doing so well and your grandson is so very helpful too have a lovey Christmas and great new year take care xx

lichazul said...

Congrats to SandraπŸ’πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Happy day

KT Fit Kitty said...

So nice to read the update on Al and how well things are going. Congrats to the lucky winner, Sandra! Happy Holidays to all!

Di said...

What a lovely post Mo! First of all, many congratulations to Sandra. She usually declines being included in challenge draws and it's so nice to see her win a prize!

The rest of your post said so much much of what Sarn and I also feel about the Snippets Playground as well - small is beautiful and somehow so friendly. We laugh together, share stuff, worry, support and care - and so much more. We are friends!

I'm so glad that Al is progressing well - he's such a great guy and I still recall our wonderful day together with both of you with Sam at Highclere. What one would call a 'Golden Day'.

Hugs

Di
xxx

Anita van Deur said...

Congrats to Sandra, so happy to read your husband is progressing well. Stay safe.