Sunday 25 September 2022

Sept Rudolph Days Challenge

Hi there. Once again. it is time for the Rudolph Days Challenge. You have until the end of this month to submit a Christmas card, or a Christmas Themed hand made project. If you chose to link your submission to any other challenges, please keep in mind that we have a limit of ten challenge submissions in total, including our challenge. Please don't forget to leave a comment on this post.

First up is Sue at Sue's Crafty Corner blog Sue has made us some lovely inspiration, lots of lovely inspiration... Sue's first card is this beautiful flying angel, heralding the Christmas story. Sue's choice of blue colours to create this card sure paid off. I think it is so lovely!
Her second card is a gem as well. She has mounted this gorgeous script image with a fabulous holographic mat. It really makes it pop. Stunning cards, Sue! I hope you will drop by Sue's blog and leave her some love.
And now. the most fab photo...Sue made multiples! Isn't that amazing!!!
Jenny at Cardsarus blog has made up two beautiful cards for us. The first is a pretty scene of a sweet young girlplaying out on the ice. Love the geese flying south in this scene! The wreath around the hilly scene is so delicate and pretty with those raised white berries.
Jenny also made this lovely scene featuring Lavinia fairies. I love the blue colours and the pretty scene. Hope you will pop over to Jenny's and leave some love.
I got some card kits made up and actually managed to make a card this month. It is very simple as it is a recycled image made up from some cards I bought on clearance several years ago. I love it when the shops blow out their Christmas stock for 80 or 90 per cent off in the early weeks of January. Things are usually pretty picked over but I can usually manage to find some cards to buy, even if I only buy them for the gilded envelopes! I bought these ones as I liked that the snowman is partially embossed so has some depth! I used up some punched out stars from my bits and bobs drawer and added a rhinestone snowflake for a bit of sparkle. The sentiment is also from my bits box, leftover from another project...(Sorry about the terrible photo, that bokeh background is actually a pretty blue! I know it does not look that way in my photo...)
Our prize this month is this Spellbinders Special Delivery die.

39 comments:

Liz said...

A beautiful collection of cards by you and your DT team, Maureen. xx

Sandra H said...

All of the cards are fabulous from the Dt team x

mamapez5 said...

Sue has been busy again and what a beautiful image she has used. And jenny's cards are lovely as ever. Once again I ma only playing along. Kate x

Suzanne H said...

The inspiration is fabulous! I'm so glad you had a moment to make a card. I hope your husband is feeling better everyday. Fabulous prize. I used to drive a VW in my youth and would love to have it back today! Thanks for hosting.

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
just been over to show some love to Sue on her stunning creations.
Your card is wonderful and what a fb idea to buy cards on sale and either use parts or envelopes for crafting.
Your Snowman is so sweet and very gorgeous no wonder you used him.
Love the background paper and the glittery stars.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. x

LesleyG said...

Fabulous inspiration from Sue, Jenny and your good self, happy Rudolph day xxx

Becca Yahrling said...

Gorgeous cards by everyone! I just received some free Christmas cards in the mail and I kept a couple to use the same way as you did, Mo. Too pretty to pass up (the rest I donate). Only 3 months until Christmas!! Can you believe it?!?!

Helen said...

A gorgeous selection of inspirational cards!
Thanks for the fun challenge!
Helen x

Marjut said...

Inspiration cards are lovely!

Linby said...

So many beautiful cards, just lovely.

Helen said...

Great selection of cards as always x

KathyA. said...

Some amazing cards here in fun non-trad colors. And Mo, I love that your card includes "bits and bobs"! I've never heard that term before... but my craft table shows that I have a nice collection of both!

Carol L said...

This is quite the collection of beautiful Christmas cards from you and your DT Mo! Wow, I'm impressed! Happy Rudolph Day!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Yay! So happy to see that you made a card, Maureen! Such a great idea to make up the card kits and do some upcycling! Sue and Jenny made amazing cards for inspiration! Wow, all the cards look beautiful! Thank you so much for the Rudolph Day Challenge as it always helps me keep on track! Hope you and Al are both doing okay health-wise.

Sandy said...

What a gorgeous selection of sample cards, and Sue's productivity is awe-inspring.

Eemeli said...

Fan-ta-bu-lous set of Christmas creations! Blue is my favorite color so no wonder why I like them so much (love also the simple look on them).

Hugs,
Eemeli

Sue - said...

Lovely DT cards and nice to see you have been able to make one too! xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful cards from you and the team! Love your recycling! :) Hope you and hubby are well.
Hugs

Vicky Hayes said...

You make such lovely creations from the recycled cards Maureen! Vicky x

Loll said...

Lovely cards to inspire us all! xx

Greta said...

Hurrah for making a card, Maureen! Such a cute snowman! Love Sue's & Jenny's cards, too!

Di said...

Great DT cards Mo and so lovely to see you also making one! Hope All is going well with Al.

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

Playing just for fun, Mo! I love to see you making again and well done with your upcycling! Hope that means things are going better for Al. And great designs from both Sue and Jenny to inspire us! Thank you, ladies! Hugs, Darnell

Lynne said...

Wonderful cards by Sue and Jenny and your little snowman is so sweet. Thank you for the challenge x

Valerija said...

Amazing cards by you and by the team. Thanks for the new challenge.
This month's prize is fabulous too. I have my fingers crossed.
Hugs to all, Valerija

Kath said...

Happy Rudolph Day! Love the cards from the DT.
Kath x

Chris said...

Beautiful inspiration from yourself and the DT- a lovely variety of styles and techniques.Thanks for another challenge.
xx

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful Christmas card ideas! Happy to join in! Thanks for the chance at the very fun prize!

ionabunny said...

Happy Rudolf Days everyone. Gorgeous inspiration from the team. Love the snowman Mo. Hugz

Bonnie said...

Great Christmas makes from Sue, Jenny & Maurine! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anita van Deur said...

Fab cards by you and by the team great colors, happy to join in!

Robyn Oliver said...

More lovely Christmas cards to inspire us from Sue, Jenny and Maureen... very creative ladies... must say Maureen I do buy the marked down Christmas cards too but mostly for the oversize and square envelopes, Robyn

Trina P. said...

Lovely DT inspirations.

Janis said...

Fabulous cards, ladies!! Love your snowman, Maureen!
Thank you for all the great inspiration and another wonderful challenge.
Take care!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Karenladd said...

I don't know how I missed seeing this challenge but the cards, all in blue, are gorgeous. Off to make and upload mine now.

SHartl said...

I love all the pretty Christmas cards from the design team, and your snowman is a special favorite. Snowmen are on of my favorite winter motifs. I'm off to upload my card for the challenge now.

Tina Z. said...

Happy Rudolph Day! I adore all the inspirations and so much blue :))

Pat said...

Absolutely wonderful cards from Sue and Jenny and love that Sue made multiples to boost her stash and the angel and the script are both great designs and such a pretty blue on the first, and then the mix of colours with the holographic mat is so shiny and bright. Jenny's scenic cards are so well done too, and love the girl playing on the icy lake, and then the sweet fairies flying around the moon, and some great background details on both. Your upcycled card is great too Mo and love the cute snowman and a great background with some glittery stars and a gem encrusted snowflake too. I am playing just for fun this time, and I do hope Al is doing well. x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Beautiful DT creations