Friday 25 October 2019

October Rudolph Days Challenge

Hi there. Once again, it is time for the Rudolph Days Challenge. Here are the rules for your perusal...

1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month (January to November) on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7. Please leave a comment on the challenge post.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month. Prizes will be mailed anywhere in the world.

9. A special draw will be held at the end of the year, in December,  for all those who submitted a card or project every month that year, January to November.

Our design team ladies have been busy creating lots of inspiration for you!

Linda at Snails Space Blog is up first with two very thought provoking and meaningful sentiments. I will let you pop over to Linda's blog to read why.
The first card is so pretty. I like the image and the way it is coloured in lovely soft but "Christmassy" colours.

This second card lets the die cut sentiment pop off the card. The muted background colours are very effective here.
These are two very beautiful cards made from the heart, Linda!


Next up is Sam at Whispers Cards blog. Sam has made us two adorable cards. 
First up is this adorable puppy wearing the cutest Santa hat ever! I really like the way Sam added the three smaller Santa hats above the puppy image.  The colouring of this puppy is so lovely...wish I could shade like that.

Sam's second card is a sweet little snowman. The birds are attracted to this little guy and the diecut bird and branches were a great addition! The snow is realistic...must remember to use dots and clumps of snow as that is how it collects on the ground in real life!  I also like  the muted colours of the background papers here.



Finally, here is my card.  It is an upcycle of a set of twelve matching Christmas cards and envelopes that I picked up at the local thrift shop for a dollar. The poinsettia detail is embossed and looks quite lovely as is, but I decided to fussy cut the poinsettia image from six of the cards and use them to create layered poinsettias on the remaining cards.


I cut a circle of a dark green printed DP and slid it behind the aperture that already existed in the store bought cards. I then matted with the striped Making Memories Twinkle DP and finally added a red mirri card Creative Expressions, Sue Wilson Merry and Bright sentiment, die cut.


I used those six  fussy cut poinsettia images to pop forward on the remaining cards. Sadly, I screwed up one of the images and so was left with five finished cards at the end. 



The inside is stamped with my Recollections, Christmas sentiment which continues the Merry and Bright theme. The envelopes were stamped in red and green Momento ink to create that two toned red/green look that poinsettias seem to have in real life. The image is a Tim Holtz  Stampers Anonymous one



Our prizes this month are a choice of this Impression Obsession #108F die 

or this  Holiday Trendz,  Let It Snow stamp.




54 comments:

Kath said...

Fabulous cards and I love your upcycling Mo - great cards. I'll be linking my card next Wednesday.
Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Lots of beautiful inspiration for everyone this month from the DT and such great prizes too.

Sue xx

Sally H said...

Awesome inspiration, everyone! Thanks for organising me for Christmas, Mo x

Sandra H said...

Wow what gorgeous makes they are all stunning x

Liz said...

A wonderful collection of cards from you and your DT, Maureen. xx

Margreet said...

Wonderful DT inspiration!
xxx Margreet

Eemeli said...

Glad to see the post is already online. I am just finishing my blog posts, let's see if I get it done today since we off to north once my partner comes from work but I am definitely joining this month (also the prize/s look something I would fancy having in my crafting supplies).

Love the creations for us to get inspired. I am into cas (maybe not 90 % white / empty space but still more simple than complex creations) myself so all of the cards are so pretty and beautiful to my taste.

See you later!

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli

Di said...

What gorgeous DT cards Mo! Love them all, and your batch is beautiful!

Hugs

Di xx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a super set of cards and envelopes hun, I'm so love how you are super organised and made 12 of the same image, gorgeous poinsetta too, Luv Sam x

Gail said...

Thank you for the new challenge and the lovely Design Team creations too - have a blessed week!

mamapez5 said...

I am glad I managed to link my card today. I have not done it from my phone before. I like Linda's cards and the sentiment is perfect for some cards I need this year. Your recycled cards made some lovely decorate toppers. Well done. Kate x

Jane Willis said...

What a pity you spoiled one of the poinsettias - but I'm sure you will be able to upcycle the part made card into a different one!

Jo said...

Beautiful makes......can't believe it's only 2 moths til Christmas.....getting very excited! x

Suzanne H said...

Thanks so much for hosting this challenge. It really has kept me on track with my cards this year. Wonderful cards by the DT!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Maureen! I almost forgot about Rudolph Day - this month is just flying by! Thank you for the challenge - it's great inspiration and motivation to get more cards made! Love your cards and your team's cards - gorgeous inspiration! I'll definitely be back to play along - my card is ready! See you soon!

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
very beautiful DT cards made by my fellow DT members.
They are so lovely will go into more detail when I visit them.
I love your wonderful cards and your excellent up-cycling of those beautiful Poinsettias.
The Merry and Bright sentiment sure pops on top of that lovely paper or card used to matt under the circle.
Love the edges they look just like Air Mail letter envelopes.
Super stamping on the envelopes also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful selection of cards Mo, great inspiration, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Your batch bake of cards are very pretty. I went to a work shop yesterday and made six cards which I sat and finished adhering that extra bit of bling to so no excuse not to enter a card here. Will do so on Sunday. Hugs Mrs A.

Marilyn said...

OMG! Sam’s little puppy card is so adorable! Love all of the other designer cards also!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Kathleen said...

Some super cards from teh team and yourself, like Jenny I will comment on their individual blogs. Your cards are fabulous, great use of the poinsettias, and the papers are lovely and a great sentiment die too.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous inspirations from you (great recycling!) and the DT ladies!!

Karenladd said...

Beautiful cards from the DT and I especially like the texture on Sam's card in the fur trim and the snow. Love that you upcycled a beautiful set of cards that you got on sale. Turning the poinsettias into more cards is my idea of an eco-conscious way to celebrate!

Joan said...

Another set of lovely cards from you and your design team. Love how you have upcycled the lovely poinsettias

Bunny said...

Lovely and cute cards, y'all. Thank you for the challenge.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super wonderful Christmas designs everyone. May all have a great weekend.

Loll said...

Lots of amazing cards from the design team! Linda - love that softness of your leaves and berries card - gorgeous! And the mix of patterned paper in the second is just perfect with the large die-cut sentiment!

Sam's adorable puppy steals the show. How adorable and fabulous colouring! So cute with the santa hat! Your snowman is adorable and it really is a cool yule! :)

Great upcycling Maureen. Your set of cards is gorgeous. All that fussy-cutting was well worth the effort with the amazing dimension.

I hopy you enjoy my entry. Thanks again Maureen, this challenge has really helped me keep on track with my Christmas card making! xx

KathyA. said...

Inspirational cards... and love the prize options. Would love to play with either!

Donna said...

Amazing inspiration from the design team. Love them all. Thanks for the fun challenge. Christmas is getting close and every card helps!

Christine Alexander said...

Great inspiration cards,sorry I haven't had time to play much. I so need to be retired :)

Izzy Scrap said...

Wonderful inspirational cards from all the DT ! I especially love Linda's card with the gorgeous red berries and the CAS design. The card with the poinsettia is just amazing. Lovely dimension and gorgeous colours. Thanks for the great challenge !

Carol L said...

oh gosh Mo, I LOVE your recycled cards and what a bargain for a dollar!! You taught me a lesson in re-purposing store-bought cards and adding your own personal touch to make them yours! Well done and just beautiful with vivid colors. Well done to the rest of the team too, you all rock this challenge each and every month!

LesleyG said...

Happy Rudolph Day and thanks for the Fabulous inspiration. I've not been able to enter this year, but I have managed to make quite a few, and hope to join in again soon xxx

Robyn Oliver said...

Great cards everyone, isn't it fabulous we've already got a stash growing before the rush...thanks for hosting Rudolph Days to keep us in the swing

Darnell said...

Thank you for another wonderful Rudolph Days challenge, Maureen! The inspiration cards are fabulous, as always, and way to go with your upcycling!! Hugs, Darnell

SHartl said...

Thanks for another fun Rudolph Day challenge Maureen! All of the samples are gorgeous and I like the way you upcycled those pretty cards

Valerija said...

Thank you for the challenge. Wonderful DT cards. Thanks for sharing.
Valerija xx

Greta said...

Wowzer--you guys keep getting better & better! Such wonderful inspiration by all of you! Great idea to make layered poinsettias with your bargain buy, Maureen--beautiful set of cards!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Sam’s little doggie is so cute and her snowman is even more cute!! You’re such a good bargain under, Maureen! I love the poinsettias and especially the striped paper edge - so elegant.

Lynne said...

Fabulous cards by all the DT and I love how you've up cycled your poinsettias. Thank you for the challenge x

Jackie T said...

Thank you for the challenge and the wonderful cards from the Design Team. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cotnob said...

A super new Challenge and great inspiration Maureen.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Bonnie said...

Wonderful up-cycled poinsettias, Maureen! I never think to look at those Christmas cards to use on my own cards. I'll be looking with a different frame of mind from now on! Thanks so much for this helpful challenge and your generosity!

Greta said...

Thought I left a comment, but I don't see it here. I do love the inspiration from all of you! Beautiful set of cards, Maureen--great idea to layer the poinsettias!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Stunning work from the DT well done.. no thanks to or prize Mo. Just playing for fun!
God bless, Shaz in Oz.x

My Paper Cat said...

Some lovely work. Well done everyone

Carole said...

Wonderful inspiration on all those cards.

Helen said...

Fab cards as always - thanks for the inspiration!
Helen x

Tina Z. said...

Thank you for this challenge and I love your inspirations!
crafty hugs xx

Chris said...

Beautiful cards from all the DT this month, a lovely variety of styles and techniques.
Your upcycled cards look gorgeous, very classy - 5 cards for a dollar is not bad at all!!
Thanks for another lovely Rudolph Day challenge.
xx

Janis said...

So glad to get a card made and entered this month...things have been crazy!! Lovely DT work! I esp like Linda's beautiful berries and foliage! Thank you for another Rudolph Days challenge!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Marianne said...

Wonderful makes from the DT. Keeping my fingers crossed I can manage to sneak in a card before the linky closes...
Marianne x

Swissie said...

Great inspiration cards from the DT. As always!
Hugs, Liv (Swissie)

ionabunny said...

Happy Rudolf days everyone. Lovely inspiration from the team. Hugz

Marianne said...

Yay, I made it!
Marianne x