Tuesday 25 June 2019

June Rudolph Days Challenge

Once again, it is time for the Rudolph Days Challenge. Here are the rules for your perusal...

1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month (January to November) on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7. Please leave a comment on the challenge post.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month. Prizes will be mailed anywhere in the world.

9. A special draw will be held at the end of the year, in December,  for all those who submitted a card or project every month that year, January to November.

First up is Linda at Snail's Space blog

Linda has coloured up the sweetest snowman holding an even sweeter bird! I love her careful colouring and the intricate fussy cutting she has put into this pretty card. The background is so soft and pretty too!


We have the additional treat of a second version in non traditional colours. It is so hard to pick a favourite!



Next up is Sam at Whispers Cards Blog
Sam has made this adorable Penny Black Hedgie image into such a beautiful card. The choice of gold for the jingle bells and the background mats is perfect here. That huge snowflake on the design paper sets off the hedgies so nicely!


Next up, Sam has made us a second card.
This one is a teddy bear treat, with lots of red and green colour bursts. I love this particular shade of green!  Perfect for the sentiment and that beautiful Christmas Tree border.


I hope you will pop over to Sam and to Linda's blogs and leave them a bit of love. They work so hard to create inspirational cards for us!

And now for my cards. I did a spot of batch baking! I found a few large snippet sheets of this embossed and glimmery snowflake accented 12x12 scrapbook paper. I cut what I could into 6 x 6 and turned them into some religious themed Christmas cards. I think I am blessed to have become a card maker after at least ten years or more of being a scrapbooker. I have about 8 feet of 12 x 12 paper if I stacked it vertically, and that is a lot of paper! It is surprising how many sheets are small enough patterns for making cards.

Now, I know that it does not snow in Bethlehem, but I took a little creative licence here with my design. My theory is that it certainly does snow here when I am thinking about, and then celebrating Christmas.  So my snowflake background is setting the stage so to speak,  for me to dream of Christmas!!!

Everything else on these cards was cut from my snippets boxes, so I had great fun whittling away at these leftover scraps.  I cut the nativity die from a snippet of plain brown card and then slid a circle of gold mirri card behind, to pop it up a bit. I then cut the Paper Roses Palm Tree die from some brown glitter card and glued to flat to the card.


For the inside of my card I cut a Memory Box,North Star die, from another snippet of gold mirri card.
Rather than a verse inside my card, I chose to use my Believe die and left it at that.


The envelope has a stamped Nativity image.

I enjoyed making this card so much that I made two more the same, only changing up the gold mirri to silver on one of them, as I did not have enough snippets of the gold. I then used the same design with a snippet of dyed background, with white glitter paper as the nativity background. I thought the background looked like a sunset.

Here is a photo of the group of them...


Sorry about the terrible photos. it is so hard to get a photo of mirri card and glitter card!

The prizes this month are a choice of this Penny Black Robin stamp
or this Memory Box Peace die

34 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous creations by you and your DT Maureen. xx

Kath said...

Fabulous cards from all of you - it's hard to believe we're half way through the year!
Kath x

Marianne said...

Such sweet critter/snowmen cards by Linda and Sam ... and you did a great job using up those snippets ... and getting on with your stack of Christmas cards!
Marianne x

Jackie T said...

Thank you for the challenge. You are keeping me on track with my Christmas cards. The cards that have been made a gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

Such lovely cards with lots of inspiration to follow xx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous creations and inspiration from the team.

Kath x

ionabunny said...

Oooh, I knew today was momentous..... It's Rudolf Days. So glad you popped up in my feed. Lovely inspiration from the team. Hugz

Verna Angerhofer said...

Thanks so much again for having this challenge. It gets me motivated to do a few Christmas cards. And I must say I love all the wonderful designs everyone made too. All are very inspiring.

Becca Yahrling said...

All of the cards are so pretty!! I love when the 25th of the
month rolls around for some awesome Christmas inspiration.

Suzanne H said...

Thanks again for this monthly challenge. I'm not exactly where I would like to be on my Christmas stuff, but I'm better than last year!

Di said...

Super cards ladies! Just playing for fun - and hope you're doing fine Mo?!

Hugs

Di xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah dear Mo what wonderful cards shared by DT and your dear self, love your Nativity scene. Actually it dies snow in Bethlehem. I recently was reading a book of visiting in January and it snowed. Not often, but does snow.
Certainly wasn’t snowing at Nativity though you’re right that’s actually in summertime as shepherds don’t watch their flocks in hills in winter and they didn’t do mid winter censuses either. That’s why we know for sure that 25th Dec isn’t right date but as we don’t know exact date it’s not changed I guess.
Love both prizes but esp that stamp so hand up for entry to draw please.
Thanks so much for faithfully running this challenge it’s to be commended indeed.
Prayer for your health, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Carol L said...

Your mirri cards are so lovely Mo, and I love the assortment of colors with snowflakes. What a beautifully designed inside as well with the simple star and believe dies! Playing just for fun this time, but thanks for another great challenge to help get that Christmas stash finished in time. I hope you're feeling much better and improving every day! Hugs!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely inspirations!!

Bunny said...

Thank you for the challenge.

Megan J said...

Hi Mo and DT, some beautiful Christmas cards to inspire us all to make out cards. Hope you are on the mend post surgery... Megan

Gail said...

Thank you for the new challenge - I did enter but not seeing my name showing up - I will check back later - might be a glitch

Gail said...

Yep It showed up - thanks for the challenge!

Darnell said...

Thank you for another month of helping me get some Christmas cards done! I'm playing just for fun! Thank you, ladies, for all the inspiration from your designs! Maureen, you really were on a roll! Fabulous cards and excellent use of snippets! Hope you are healing well!! Hugs, Darnell

mamapez5 said...

As you probably know by now, I really like the cards which feature a nativity scene, even though I make lots of others as well, so your cards ticked all the boxes for me. I smiled at your pile of scrapbook paper. I am the same and as I mostly do digi scrappping now, I am not getting it used, but I am trying to find some that are suitable for birthday cards. I don't have so very much Christmas themed.
I actually prefer your card with the inked background but they are all lovely. Kate x

Karenladd said...

Thanks for another challenge and helping me keep on track for my Christmas cards! The DT samples are lovely, as always!

Sally H said...

Gorgeous creations and inspiration from you and the DT, Mo! What a gorgeous robin for the prize too xxx

Bonnie said...

I love your Nativity scene with the star and the pretty snowy background, Maureen! The inside is beautiful with the gold die cut!

Trina P. said...

Hi Mo...got in my first entry.

Jane Willis said...

Sorry I'm late for the party this month, I've been away on holiday. Lovely cards!

Whisper said...

Oooo I'm loving your traditional collection of Xmas cards, Luv Sam x

Lynne said...

Wonderful card by you and the DT. I particularly like Linda's non-traditional colours card.

Chris said...

Beautiful inspiration cards from the team this month! Thanks for another great challenge.
x

Joan said...

Lovely DT cards from the team. I don't have as much 12x 2 paper as you Maureen but I do have twelve 12x12 boxes full of it!


Joan

Janis said...

Beautiful inspiration. I esp enjoyed reading about your card set. I have at least that much paper, also!! :) What a generous prize...love that robin!!
Thank you for another wonderful challenge.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Fab DT cards!
Thanks for the inspiration & another fun challenge!
Helen x

Marianne said...

Wonderful inspiration from you and the DT! Love that you've created a set of similar but different cards, Mo.
Marianne x

Tina Z. said...

your inspirations are stunning!
hugs xx
treebug

Whisper said...

Oooo what a great set of traditional cards hun and I love how they are similar, but different, Luv Sam x