Friday 1 March 2019

Feb. Rudolph Days Winner

We are back from our Mexican cruise, a little tanned and with a new appreciation for Mexico. We had never been there before and we found the countryside we saw to be very clean and beautiful. The people we met there were all very friendly. 

My husband bartered with a few vendors and brought back various tee shirts and baseball hats. I managed not to have anything catch my eye. I was hoping to find a paper shop and pick up some little embellishments to scrapbook with, but we never managed to find one!

We did however manage to pick up a cold flu bug so I did not even venture across the gangplank at our last three Mexican stops. Al came down with it after he went ashore on our last port call in Mexico. We have spent our first day home resting and recuperating together.

Thanks for all the lovely cards, emails and facebook messages for my birthday. I turned 65 today and it sure is a milestone. My first pension cheque from my former employer was deposited today and it felt great to see it!

Now, back to the challenge

Once again, I have used Random Org to choose the winner, who is Carol L #16.



Drop me an email Carol, to maureenkane@telus.net and let me know whether you would like the stamp or the die.

I will gradually get round to visit all of you, now that I am home again. Thanks so much for my fabulous design team who kept the challenge going even though I was not here.  It will take me a few days, but I will visit all your cards and leave some praise!

21 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Glad you had a great holiday, well deserved and hope the surgery happens soon :)

Tina Z. said...

I hope you are feeling better now. Wow, I could imagine all these bright Mexican colours.
Happy Birthday and enjoy your pension, a lot of crafting time 🙂.
Congratulations to the winner.
Hugs xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
Happy Birthday for yesterday.
Such a youngster compaired to me LOL I turn 70 next Saturday.

Congrats to Carol on her win.

So glad you had a lovely holiday and a great time, but sorry to hear you bith caught colds and such.
Hopefully you will both be feeling A1 again soon.

Lots of crafty love and hugs to try and help. Jenny L.

Kath said...

Congratulations to Carole and belated birthday wishes to you too!
Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Big congrats to my friend Carol!! So happy for her! :)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Happy Birthday Maureen, how did you manage to keep that one quiet. Glad you had a great cruise, shame about the flu though.

Hugs Sue xx

Marilyn said...

Glad to hear you had a good time, but sorry to hear you ended up with the flu! Congrats to the winner!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

ionabunny said...

Oooh, newsy post. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Flu sucks. Feel better soon. Happy Birthday. Happy retirement. Congrats to Carol. Roll on March Rudolf days. Hugz

Kathyk said...

Welcome home - hope you enjoyed your break

Kathyk

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Congrats Carol!

I’m glad you had a nice time on your cruise, but too bad you got sick! Hope you are 100% soon!

Brenda said...

Glad your cruise went well, but sorry you both came down with a bug. I have heard it is easy to pick up bugs on a ship. I am happy that you are both recuperating! Happy Birthday Maureen!!! I didn't realize it was your birthday! Birthday wishes are definitely coming your way my friend! Congrats to Carol L as well!!!! Big hugs, Brenda

cuilliesocks said...

What a bummer Mo to have caught a nasty cold on your holiday, but I'm pleased you enjoyed the most of your cruise and got to see Mexico. Get better soon.
Congratulations to Carole, Kate x

Sandra H said...

Many congratulations enjoy your win x

Greta said...

So sorry you guys got sick, but sounds like you enjoyed the cruise until that. Happy belated birthday! Yep--getting that pension check is pretty neat!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So glad you was able to enjoy some of the vacation. But so bad you had to catch a bug while there. I hope all are feeling much better now. And, a big congratulations to Carol L. on her win.

Pat said...

Glad you had a great time in Mexico Maureen and hope the colds soon leave you both. Sadly I didn't get my card in this time...not a great start to the challenge year but aim to do better, especially as you put it up early, but was busy then and when it calmed down being a short month I missed it! x

Kathleen said...

Congratulations to Carol and nice to have you back Mo.

Kath x

Loll said...

Congrats to Carol!!

Sounds like a wonderful vacation until the cold hit. Glad you and Al are home and resting. Take care and get better! Sorry I missed your birthday. Hope you had a wonderful day. xx

Mary Jo said...

I'm so sorry you were sick on your trip!
Glad you are feeling better!

Bunny said...

So sorry y'all suffered a cold but glad you had a good time. I hope your birthday was very happy and isn't it nice to get a check in the mail every month. [Bunny]

Joan said...

Sorry you got colds but managed to enjoy your cruise anyway. Belated Happy Birthday

Joan