Sunday 9 December 2018

Christmas Card Club - Cute

Sylvie at Gibmiss blog chose Cute as the theme for our Christmas Card Club. If you would like to see the other ladies creations, I have hyperlinks up on my right sideboard. If you would like to join our fortnightly Christmas Card Club, just drop me an email.

Several years ago, a girl friend let me stamp off this cute image.   I had never coloured it as my  stamping skills were very poor that day and parts of the image did not stamp clearly. But I am on a mission to use up my VOS items (Very Old Stash) and so  I carefully filled in the missing parts of the image with a micro fine black pen. The furry trim on the hats is not quite right as I made a boo boo and made the lines too thick.  I drew in a lot more lines in varying thickness to try to hide that mistake! I am not sure of the manufacturer. I think it is a Stampin' Up image but not positive. If you recognize it, please let me know the name.


I coloured this image up with copic pens and die cut with a Spellbinders label die. A snippet of silver mirri card gives it a a bit of shimmer and since I liked the look of that, I then added a very small snippet of silver ribbon as a border round the Echo Park Dots and Stripes DP.

I do not know the name of the kraft word background. It is a snippet of a 12x12 scrapbook page. Before I started making  cards, I was a scrapbooker. I did not mark manufacturer or name on my snippets as I had no need to at that time. Now that I make cards, too, I sure wish I had developed that habit years earlier!

The hessian ribbon is from Michael's. It is another snippet and has the luxury of being self adhesived. What a treat.

Hope you like my take on a cute Christmas Card. It was fun to make and I thank Sylvie for the inspiration.

27 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Maureen and great use of your VOS. You would not be able to tell that it had been repaired with a pen.

Sue xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very sweet and cute card! You coloured the image so well and the whole design is lovely!

Greta said...

Sweet card, Maureen! I really like the strip of burlap as part of your design!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Mo
Such a cute image... love it... happy you enjoyed the Theme... a nice easy one for the last of 2018...
Glad you enjoyed your lie in ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is very cute! I like the extra lines you added, I think it is great!

Great card!

Liz said...

What a cute card. I love how the snowman and penguin sneaked in with the Russian dolls! xx

Carol L said...

There must be something in the air, because I too am on a mission to dig into and use my older stash! I've hoarded way too long now! Love those dolls and how perfectly you colored them, and the burlap panel adds a nice earthy touch too! Great work using your stash!

Christine Harrop said...

This looks great Maureen - I've never seen a Matryoshka Christmas set before ... lol. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Hugs Christine xx

dutchess said...

These Russian dolls are so cute....great image for the challenge.....
Happy Christmas Maureen...your address is not on the contacts list on CCC could you update it please so I can get your card off....xxxxx

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card and a great theme too hope you have a lovely day xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Mo, that is a super image! Great job with the colours too. Colouring has never been my thing, but I have started to practice more- maybe expecting to be an expert without practice wasn't the way to go, lol. Hugs, Shaz X

mamapez5 said...

A good use of some old snippets Mo, and I love the image. Well rescued with that, and no-one would have spotted your mistake. Even now you have pointed it out, I think it is fine. Kate x

Janis said...

Adorable card!!! You did a magnificent job of filling in the blanks on your VOS stamped image. It's an old Stampendous - Snuggle Season (CRM-231) product from their July 2009 catalog. I still have that stamp in my stash...and I forgot that it was a little grouping of Russian nesting dolls...or matryoshka. Here's an old card of mine using it, too: http://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/2015/01/snuggle-up-for-season.html
Thanks for sharing your sweet card and reminding me of a fun little stamp I haven't used for a long time.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Marilyn said...

Cute card!
Have a great day,
Marilyn❤️

Donna said...

Such an adorable image! You've colored it perfectly. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!

cotnob said...

A cute card Maureen, such a sweet image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Mo, what a beautiful card, a very sweet image and beautifully coloured, definitely cute, Kate x x

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a darling image and a great card design.

Darnell said...

It is an adorable image, Mo! I can see why you wanted some stamped off for later. I think you did a fantastic job of coloring it and designing your card around it!! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning Christmas card. That image is just so cute. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a lovely, sweet card that stamped image is adorable and looks great on the kraft background.
Lorraine

Kathleen said...

A really super cute image and great colouring and design. My New Years resolution is not to buy any more crafty stuff till I have used a lot of my old stuff, wish me luck, wonder how long it will last.

Kath x

Mrs A. said...

Cute as cute can be . The ducks have all just been fed so l!m taking time out to catch up on everyone's blogs. Don't recognise the stamp but maybe your friend will remember it. Your colouring is lovely and the fur trim on the hoods looks perfect to me. Have a lovely Christmas.
I'm bracing myself for another Lorry load of ducks to arrive. There's another 33 due eminently. Where on earth will I put them all.!! Lol.
Hugs Mrs A.

Tracy said...

That is a cute image and you fixed it up perfectly!!

Mary Jo said...

Oh I love that stamp design! :)
Super cute card!!

Pia S said...

So sweet! I like how you coordinated the colors of the papers with those of the image. And a bit of Mirri card and hessian is never wrong:)
Wishing you happy holidays!

Greta said...

Very cute image beautifully colored, Maureen! Love the papers you used, too!