Monday 25 June 2018

June Rudolph Days Challenge

Once again it is time for the Rudolph Days Challenge. Here is a recap of the rules for your perusal.

 1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month (January to November) on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7. Please leave a comment on the challenge post.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month. Prizes will be mailed anywhere in the world.
9. A special draw will be held at the end of the year, in December,  for all those who submitted a card or project every month that year, January to November.. 


Our designers have been working hard creating some beautiful inspiration for youl. First up is Sam at Whispers Cards blog.

Sam used a Penny Black image which I have not seen before. I have a similar stamp but with a little girl image. Mine wears that same style of clothing...a sweet vintage look. I like this little boy in Sam's image...he is so cute and I can see that he had some very fine fussy cutting to make him pop forward to center stage. The die Sam used here was a design team gift from yours truly and it sure was great to see Sam use it on this card. I love the look of the candy frame around this image and the way Sam added the sentiments in the two corners! Pop on over to her blog to see this lovely card and leave her some card love.



Jenny at Cardsarus blog has this lovely card with three postal stamps as the focal point.  The two folksy Santa images are so cute and the whimsical felt hats finish this card off very nicely. It is amazing how they have that folksy feel as well. I must say that the green holly just pops off the card front! It looks great against that pretty silver glitter background. I hope you will pop on over to Jenny's blog to leave her some card love too. 



My card is s mixture of NBUS and VOS. The background paper is an old DP that I have used many times before.  It is a shimmery, embossed, stripey snippet  of 12x12 scrapbook pages.  The teal dotted paper, as well as the brown dotted center band, and musical notes strip are all NBUS  Lawn Fawn, Snowy Day DP. The ivory sateen paper has been cut with Find It Media's Jeanine's Art Christmas Die. I then fussy cut a backing paper of fine green glitter paper to slide behind the Find it Die cut. You can not see it in the photo but it gives some sparkle to this card.  The Happy Christmas sentiment is Dovecraft  die cut from a snippet of red card.



This was a quick and easy card and best of all it is nice and flat for mailing! Good thing,  as it is going to England and overseas postage can be quite dear.

We have had both computers in with the Best Buy Geek Squad and just got this one back late yesterday afternoon. Since the Rudolph Challenge is a wee bit late starting today the prizes this month are this Hero Arts Joy to the World stamp set

AND this Memory Box Twinkly Lights collage die. This die cuts the starburst alone, anywhere on your card front...the image make it appear to cut a rectangle with the starburst!

The actual "Joy to the World" sentiment above would look lovely with this die.




47 comments:

Kath said...

I can't believe it's Christmas Day in six months!
Kath x

LesleyG said...

lovely adorable cards made by you talented people! Happy Rudolph Day! xxx

ionabunny said...

Hurrah Rudolf Days!! Back soon. Great inspiration from the team. Hugz

mamapez5 said...

The month soon goes by doesn't it? That's a cut image Sam has used, but I just love the die you used on your card. I looked it up and it seems it is only available in Australia and S.Africa at the moment. maybe if I am patient, it will come to UK one day; then I can buy it. I can see your glitter paper too. Very pretty. Kate x

dutchess said...

Maureen please can you e mail me...I am having trouble getting in touch with Christmas card club info...thanks Margaret (Dutchess) xxx

Loll said...

Wonderful inspiration cards from the designers! So happy to be joining again this month. My Christmas card stash is building! :) xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
such a very super card and that glittery green is so pretty.
Beautiful die cut to show it off so prettly.
The green looks so rich against the white.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great inspirations, all different but so beautiful!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Super inspiration cards from everyone this month.

Sue xx

Becca Yahrling said...

Beautiful cards by all three of you!! Loving that cute candy frame a lot!! And what a sweet look between the boy & snowman. Love the dimension in Jenny's card. Cute pom poms and the felt stockings. And Mo, love that beautiful 'Find It' die you used as well as all the gorgeous sparkle! (I was going to try to enter every month, but I was away on vacation for May's challenge; drats! lol).

Helen said...

Wonderful inspiration!
Thanks for another fun challenge!
Helen x

Kathleen said...

Really super creations from the DT.

Kath x

Gail said...

Thank you for the new challenge I will be back - lovely DT creations too!

Janice said...

Fabulous inspiration from the design team, thanks for a great challenge.
Janice x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful and so talented are the Dt's creations as always your post is so inspiring x

Aquarius said...

Some great inspiration from the team - seems wrong to be working on Christmas when it is so very hot and sunny

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

June already.......half way through the year, YIKES! It's great to be with you again. Thank you to your wonderful DT for their great samples and inspiration. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Pat said...

Beautiful cards from you, Sam and Jenny Mo. I love the bright candy frame around the prettily coloured image on Sam's card, and then Jenny's cute hats with the santa images look great on the silver glittery background, and your wonderful cut out image sits very happily on the green background, and love the bright red sentiment which is a great finishing touch. Thank you for the bumper prize too. x

Karenladd said...

Always fun to participate in this challenge and watch my Christmas card stash grow!! Sam's card is just so adorable!!

Di said...

Wonderful cards Mo - and I managed to join in yet again. My card is 'simples' but I made four of them :)

Hugs

Di xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you for another Rudolph Day, Mo! You and your team made some beautiful cards to inspire us! I'm happy to have another holiday card done!

Janis said...

Sweeeeeeet cards...just delightful. I adore your card, Mo. That die cut is spectacular and I always love a bit of sparkle and shimmer on a Christmas card!! (Who am I kidding? I love sparkle and shimmer on ANY card!!! lol...) Thank you for another fun challenge! Hugs.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

SHartl said...

Thanks to your challenge, I'll actually have a few cards in my card box when December rolls around. These DT cards are awesome!

Jackie T said...

Thank you for this challenge. I love the cards made by the Design Team. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Carol L said...

Thanks for the inspiration of a traditional red & green Christmas card Mo! Tis beautiful with those wonderful dies, and Sam's and Jenny's cards are equally lovely too! I so look forward to playing this challenge each month - hugs!

Lynne said...

Lovely cards from the DT. I'm trying to enter every month to build my stash up x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great post M sorry you’ve had computer issues. I actually now do my posts on phone and iPad too lazy to use computer. It was that or no post. Just going into computer room seemed like time stealing... but can sit on phone reduce size image and upload through chrome onto blogger.
Glad I managed to join love you’ve used NBUS and VOS cos I have too!! But didn’t realise till you said!! Yes please for these prizes, lovely!! Thank you for running it.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Donna said...

Great inspiration from the DT, this is my first time playing here, I see friends cards entered here all the time and wanted to join in.

Helen said...

Always great to join in your Christmas Challenge! The Design Team's cards are amazing!!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Chris said...

Wonderful inspiration from the DT as always...can't believe how quickly this year is going!
x

Lady Joyful said...

Great cards, and lovely prizes too! Always look forward to joining in :)

Sandy said...

You caught me by surprise this month.... I thought I had another week. Time really does fly.
Lovely cards from you and your team.

MaryH said...

Love that teal glitter, and that is some intricate fussy cutting too! I like all the patterns you've combined on this one, Mo, they look so pretty together. Isn't it lovely when you can use up some VOS, and it looks great with the other papers you want on the card? Also you have some great prizes on offer this month as well. TFS & hugs. Hope the arthritis is getting lots better.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous inspiration cards.
Wendy F

Megan J said...

Hi Mo and DT, a fantastic bunch of cards to inspire us to keep on with our Christmas cards, thanks for the inspiration... Megan

Darnell said...

Your card is gorgeous, Mo! Thank you for another Rudolph challenge! I'm playing just for fun!! Hugs, Darnell

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful cards from the DT, I've managed to play along this month, Kat x

Diane said...

Fabulous cards by the DT and it is to be extremely hot here in the next few days, maybe these Christmas cards will help to cool us off lol!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful die cut, Mo! Love all the pretty details and the paper you've used! Great selection of background papers! I always have trouble mixing and matching papers. You've mastered it! As always, thanks for the challenge!

Liz said...

Another wonderful selection of cards from you and your DT, Maureen. xx

ionabunny said...

Happy Rudolph Days everyone. So happy to be joining the fun again. Hugz

Joan said...

Great design team cards

mamapez5 said...

Thanks for your help with the die. Art of Craft kept saying they had no Jeanine's dies, but I went through Find-it media and was redirected to them, and there it was! So I have now ordered it. Thanks again. Kate xx

Craftychris said...

Hi! Please would you delete my linky (55) so I can do it again as it leads to an empty post! I don't want to miss the challenge. Sorry to be a pain. Thank you so much. Chris xxxxx

Tina Z. said...

amazing inspirations from DT!

Anonymous said...

fabulous cards from you and the designers, maureen! i love the vivid colours sam used, all the glitter and cute images on jenny's and your lovely die!

Craftychris said...

Wonderful cards - I feel all Christmassy! Computers are a nightmare when they are causing problems, glad yours are back and healthy again. Thank you for the chance at such a generous prize and thank you for your help following my email - you are a star! xxx