Sunday 13 May 2018

Christmas Card Club - Sentiment is the Focus

Carol at CM Designs chose our theme of Sentiment as the Focus for this fortnight's Christmas Card Club. I was happy with this theme as sentiment focused cards are always such fun to make!

Still saving my hands from extra work, so I chose to use a VOS Bo Bunny, Twas The Night Before Christmas  sticker.

This is such a quick and easy card. I used a Spellbinders fancy die to mat the sticker with a snippet of green card. I used a couple more snippets of red and of white card to cut additional layers of this die and I am happy with the outcome. I did copy and print  the sticker so that I could fussy cut the tree and presents. I popped them forward over the tree on the sticker for a bit or dimension.


I used a 5x7 card base and covered it with some navy snowflake DP from that same Bo Bunny line. I used the same DP for the inside and then used the Spellbinder die again, to cut a mat for the nbus sentiment.


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Christmas Card Club -Sentiment Focused
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets

24 comments:

brenda said...

Great combination of dies and stamping Mo. Hope you are OK, not been too active at this end but slowing trying to get back into things.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

Great sentiment on your lovely card Maureen. Hugs Christine xx

Mrs A. said...

This looks lovely . I like how you have set a simple sticker into a fancy frame and really made a statement with it. Hugs Mrs A.

Zoe Tant said...

Hi Maureen, I love your sentiment as it always instils excitement and a fab poem to follow. Super card too! Zoe x

dutchess said...

Lovely card shape Maureen...perfect to show off your great sentiment....hope you are enjoying your weekend xxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So beautiful Christmas card, love the big sentiment in that gorgeous frame and the inside!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love it! You have framed it beautifully!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful way to showcase that sentiment! LOVE your pretty card.
Lynn

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Maureen, beautifully designed and lovely sentiment both outside and in, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning Christmas card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a very delightful card and such a super use of snippets too.
Love the gorgeous die cuts they look stunning and the colours are so lovely a nice vintage look about this I think.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card l love that sentiment always have best on Christmas cards xx

MaryH said...

What a perfect way to use this sticker. It looks lovely paired with the lacy S/B die in red, and I really like the swirly shape of the center label. Always look forward to seeing what you do with your supplies, as it is so creative & beautiful. TFS & Hugs

rachel said...

Great make Maureen - a really lovely card! Hugs rachel x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Mo
This is a gorgeous card... love the frame to... stunning card
Hugs Sylvie xx

Kathleen said...

Really fabulous card Mo and I have that lovely die and totally forget about it, must do better. Brilliant design and a lovely tree too.

Kath x

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Maureen, such a lovely fancy frame.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rita said...

Gorgeous card. So perfect for Carols choice too. Hugs Rita xxxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Maureen, I love the spellbinders die that you used to showcase your sentiment and the paper you've used too.

Sue xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous card, lovely sentiment and die too.
Lorraine

Pia S said...

Fab sticker and it is pretty with all those layers of die cut papers.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the Spellbinders die you used Maureen...such a classic it is to showcase the gorgeous sentiment!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

MagsB said...

This is a gorgeous Christmas card, Maureen, I love the die-cut border!

Love Mags B x

Carol said...

Super card Maureen, love the combination of dies you've used. Thanks for joining in my challenge. Carol x