Sunday 15 April 2018

Christmas Card Club - Poinsettia or any Christmas Greenery

Mary at Carolina Cards blog chose the theme of Poinsettias and any Christmas Greenery for this fortnights' Christmas Card Club.

Since my arthritis is still playing up with my hands and feet, I chose to use a Bugaboo image I had coloured up over a year ago!  I had coloured it with Copics and then went over parts of the image with a clear Wink of Stella. Cut a snippet of crimson card and made a fancy mat with a Spellbinders  die. Cut an Elizabeth Craft Merry Christmas die from the same card, and TRIED to set it on the same angle as the upsweep of the high heel. As you can see, tried is the key word.

The image was set on a Penny Black Festive and Frosty DP background. I really like this Penny Black 6x6 paper pad. The white poinsettia is a layered combo of various die cuts I already had cut and on hand. The larger  blossom petals are Memory Box and I can't remember what the small ones are. The boughs are Sue Wilson Pine Twigs cut from white glitter paper and the smaller boughs were produced with my Martha Stewart Fern punch, from silver glitter paper and also a few from plain white card which had already been given a coating of clear Wink of Stella. 



I went over the two larger layers of the poinsettia with Nuvo Crystal drops and then the smaller blossom layers with clear Wink of Stella. It was fun to pick and choose which glimmer to use on the card elements. I even went over the white and red berries on the background DP with clear WOS as I enjoy sparkle on Christmas cards!


26 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

I love it Maureen! The stiletto heel with its' poinsettia is so quirky. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs Christine xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous card, love the shimmery poinsettia, perfect for this weeks challenge.
Lorraine

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful

gr karin

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous design Maureen, love the she image and the beautiful poinsettia embellishment, Kate x

Jo said...

Lovely card Maureen, can't imagine walking in shoes that high though lol! x

Mrs A. said...

Really pretty Maureen. I have this image from Bugaboo too.
Sorry to hear your still in lot of pain. Hope the warmer weather when it comes eases your aches for you. Hugs Mrs A.

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card!! love bugaboo images, I have one of their shoe digis. I love the poinsettia on the shoe and the design with the white greenery/poinsettia. Beaufiful.

dutchess said...

Love this Maureen..it’s so stylish and beautiful xxxx

AlisonC said...

A fabulous image, i love all the foliage especially the silver. x

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card and I am glad you were able to find something that would work for you so you could accomplish the task of making it. Everything is so gorgeous and I love the sparkle.

Greta said...

Sorry the arthritis is acting up, Maureen, but oh what a gorgeous card! I love every single element!

Barb said...

A very glam girlie Christmas card Maureen and I love the traditional colours.

A friend suggested I try drinking sour cherry juice for my arthritis Maureen. It may not work for everyone but I'll give anything a go. I've not had to take painkillers before bed for more than a week and I sleep like a log now. Apparently it aids sleep too and that was a real problem for me too. Hugs, Barbxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Margaret, a pretty image and lovely die cut Poinsettia.
I'm sorry to hear that your arthritis is playing up, I have recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and we are still trying to get my medication right!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

rachel said...

Wonderful poinsettias - I love the traditional red and the white - very pretty! So sorry to read about your hands. Big Hugs Rachel x

MaryH said...

I'm so pleased you had the elements to hand so you didn't have to distress your poor hands. You came up trumps with this pretty card. Love the wonderful poinsettia arrangement in the corner, and it certainly does sparkle. Brilliant idea to add the sparkle on the paper design as well. This is a very fancy shoe, all ready to go out for a Christmas party. Hope the hands will feel better soon too. TFS & Big hugs.

Kathleen said...

Great take on the challenge Mo, a very different but lovely image and a super design.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a very beautiful card, so elegant!! Love the Pine Twigs (I have this die set too, it's very pretty and versatile!)and the white poinsettia in the corner!

Rita said...

How lovely Maureen. Very Modern too. Hugs Rita xxx

Marjut said...

Beautiful!

Tina Z. said...

absolutely beautiful!

Zoe Tant said...

I love shoes and love your card. What a great way to showcase a poinsettia. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Maureen, wish I could still wear shoes like this, but my feet object loudly these days. Hope your hands are soon better (roll on summer).

Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a very super card and such a great design too.
I would never have thought of using s shoe image for a Christmas card but it works beautifully doesn't it.
Super white poinsettia and the gorgeous foliage too.
Just love all the sparkle.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Darnell said...

Your image is just as relevant today, Mo, and you've really showcased it brilliantly! I'm sorry Arthur Itis has come for a long visit. He is so rude. He comes uninvited and he overstays his visit!! Hugs, Darnell

Pia S said...

So stylish and feminine and the poinsettia arrangement is just beautiful.

Mrs A. said...

Spoke to Sue yesterday and I'm around for those dates. Hugs Mrs A.