Saturday 11 February 2017

Relax & Enjoy

A dear friend recently moved to Kamloops, a three hour drive from here. I was so sad to hear she was leaving but luckily there is a silver lining. Kamloops is only 40 minutes from our RV at the lake...in fact we drive past Kamloops to get there.

It is a lovely city with the river running through the town and beautiful hills and flats for the residential neighbourhoods. There are gorgeous HooDoo's flanking the town!

It has all the major shops and great golf courses. The weather is hot, hot, hot, in the summer. It can climb into the 40's.

I think they will be very happy to retire there.

I have made them  a "New Home" card. As they will now both be retired, I chose the Sentiment "Relax & Enjoy".  I am sticking to my New Years goal of using at least one NBUS item on every card. The Memory Box Cottage In The Woods die is my NBUS item, It was fun to get it out to play.



You probably recognize the background sky. It is the last snippet of my alcohol ink - Yupo creations.

I used a couple of snippets of a pearlized green for the house, hills, and trees.  I had some very teensy snippets left and used them to recut the trees. Some of the snippets were so small I had to tape them to the tree as if the paper shifted slightly, they would have been ruined. I included the left over scraps in my card photo, so you could see for yourself how little is left!

I pop dotted the second set of trees and then shaded all the green including the trees with a darker green chalk, The card still looked bare so I used Stardust stickles on the trees and hills.

I used another teensy snippet of watercolour paper to cut the windows and door The paper was swirly with gold and brownish colours. I carefully arranged the die to have the yellows and the brown in the right places.

Since I used snippets, even some impossibly teensy snippets, I am taking this card over to Di at Pixies Crafty Workshop where the theme is must use snippets.


29 comments:

Jane said...

What a gorgeous card you made your friends...the sky was a perfect snippet to use! xxx

Valerija said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours and the dies you used.
Valerija xx

Kath said...

A beautiful card and perfect for a new home card for your friends.
Kath x

Jane Willis said...

Absolutely gorgeous, and what a great way to use even the tiniest snippets
Jane

Barb said...

This really is a beautiful card Mo. I love everything about it. I hope your friends will be really happy in their new home. It sounds a great place to live although a bit too hot for me in summer. Barbxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh my, what a fun card! The yupo background looks like a painting in a museum!

Linby said...

I remember Kamloops well and a wonderful restaurant there too! Love your card, you used the yupo paper wonderfully.

Sarn said...

Hi Mo . .. great looking new home card.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pia S said...

This card has an artistic feel to it, it almost looks like a painting. Lovely colors, peaceful feel, I think it's really nice.

Loll said...

Your friend is going to love this card, Mo! The background sky is amazing, and I love the added sparkle to the hills and trees. xx

Brenda said...

Sounds like a nice town your friends has moved to Maureen! Makes me want to go and see it!!! lol I love the card you made them and I am sad for you that they moved but so happy that you will still be able to see them when you go to your RV! I bet they loved their card as much as we do! And yay for you using a NBUS!! Hugs, Brenda

Kathleen said...

Really beautiful card, the background is superb and so is the foreground.
Lucky that you will still be able to visit.

Kath x

cotnob said...

A super card Maureen, your background sky looks fabulous and I love your little die cut scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful card.
I love the background you made.
How nice to retire to someplace warm :)

MaryH said...

A sweet & lovely "new home" card for your friend. Lovely yupo work and perfect sky background for the tiny home scene. Great work on this one, Miss Mo using up NBUS AND snippets! (and because we were lucky enough to visit Bryce Canyon, I knew what HooDoo-s were. Isn't that the oddest name?) TFS & Hugs

Sandra H said...

This is truly so lovely x

Carol L said...

wonderful card, and I admire your goal for using NBUS on every card!

Di said...

Wow Mo - this is an amazing snippets make. I love the due cutting and the background is beautiful! Such fun to see how few snippets you had left over as well.

Am I right in thinking that Kamloops is part of the Rocky Mountain trail? It rings a bell from when I was checking out holidays a while ago.

Hugs

Di xx

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Such a Cute card... she will LOVE it!!! The background looks Great with the little house and trees.... It's a very nice look.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah well done you on making this card love the alcohol background looks fab.
Hope you're feeling better now Mo. enjoy your time visiting your friend whe you go to your van..
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Pat said...

This is a great new home card Maureen and the last piece of that beautiful Yupo for the sky looks gorgeous. Your friend will adore this pretty card Maureen. x

rachel said...

gorgeous card Maureen - and how wonderful you will still be able to see your friend! Big hugs rachel x

Greta said...

Beautiful card & so perfect for the new retirees! PS--hopefully my email made it to you OK with the card.

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card for your friend. I used to have an Aunt who lived in Kamloops and have driven through it many times, was there last year. Does get darn hot though lol!
hugs
Glenda

MagsB said...

Your new home card is so lovely, Maureen, what an idyllic scene!

love Mags B x

KandA said...

Gorgeous card Maureen. Love the Beautiful background and super use of all thoose snippets xx

Susanne Vargas said...

This is such a wonderful sky background for this fabulous die! Perfect for the occasion! Love it!

SewPaperPaint said...

You've created quite the beautiful scene here. Hugs, Autumn

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a beautiful card Maureen