When I was sorting through and filing my precut dies I realized that the largest cog from my Spellbinders cog set, would work for a sort of frame around the coaster. I even had one left over from a previous project. Presto...suddenly my card design was crystal clear.
A few more snippets, a bit of jute twine, and another masculine card for my finished cards box. I have left it sentiment free as it is more versatile that way. I will add an insert with an appropriate verse, when I finally use it.
Little update on the moving preparations. The movers are booked for Jan 23 and although I had decided not to start packing till well into December, DH has asked me to start now. He suggested I start by packing what I don't routinely use, in the craft room. That way, he can stack a few boxes each day rather than flat out packing and stacking towards the end. He reminded me that we are both over 60 and it is so easy to get a muscle strain etc if we work flat out.
So today I packed up 18 boxes...all my 8x8 paper and albums, most of my glass jars of flowers etc, and all my shoeboxes of prefolded card and envelopes. I am quite embarrassed to say I have 6 shoeboxes full of the prefolded notecards! I did think about getting rid of those folded cards as the weight is so flimsy, but then decided that if they are cut in half they make great coordinating papers for building card designs. I am such a packrat! lol
He carried all the packed boxes upstairs to the dining room as we will not be hosting any big suppers till we move. I personally do not like the look of boxes all over the house, so may just take the leaves out of the dining table to shrink it down, and try to stack all the packed boxes in that room alone.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets...I think the fish scale paper might be Basic Grey but it is so old I am not sure...VOS for sure!