I inked a lot of the dies this time as they wrinkled and tore so badly on my inky last card. This worked out so much better on the big frame around the image. That was the bit I had the most trouble with last time. Not getting it damp seemed to be the answer.
I am planing to do a few more of these cards. I will use watercolour paper for the dies next time. That should solve the paper problems I encounterted. I don't think I would use the script Happy birthday with these again. Now that I see it blown up for the computer, I think it looks too girly!!! Not to mention, slightly crooked! lol
I am also going to try the image embossed with black EP next time. I think that will help it pop off the card a bit as it seems to blend in too much on this card.
I will finish the inside of all the cards I have made both at Mum's and while up at the lake, once I am home again. I just did not have enough room to bring verse style stamps and do not have access to a printer here to do computer generated verses.
****************This is card #18 of 50. I am on a consumables spending freeze until I have made 50 cards (Sook Wang tape and heavy weight card stock are exempt).***************
Card base - Kraft corrugated card and envelope from my stash (originally from Michael's)
DP - snippets of Scrabble tile paper from my stash. Will have to update the name of the measuring tape paper once I am home, as I did not jot it down.
Card Stock - Snippets of cream for the dies cuts
Jute - from my stash (given to me by my friend)
Dies -Spellbinders Cogs and Elizabeth Happy Bithday
Stamp - Stampin' Up
Enamel dots - black dots from my stash
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Crafty hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card with paper