Thursday 1 August 2013

Starry, Starry Night


I am back with another kids quickie Christmas card. Boy oh boy...this is a NBUS and snippets card for sure! At times I think I have a room full of NBUS (never before used schtuff) and I am slowly but surely working on using it up.
The idea for this kids card came about when I was cleaning up my room and found the felt sleigh. I can not even remember where it came from. I am thinking it must have originally been part of a gift tag from one of my Christmas presents. I usually remove anything that looks like it could be upcycled!

So upcycle it I did. As I was trying to think of how to use it, I kept getting the song Starry, Starry Night, running through my head! So I looked through my papers and just could not manage to find any starry sky papers. Drat!
But I thought this snow flurries paper might work instead and tried adding some bling to perhaps suggest a background of stars. I did manage to find some felt snowflakes left over from last years cards so I added them as well.
I have had these black word stickers for so long that I can not remember when I got them...I think it must be years ago! I thought they tied in the black of the sleigh runners and added to the feeling of it being evening...Yep...it is evening already and Santa is just getting ready to hitch up the reindeer! I think this card will be for a little boy as it has a decidedly masculine feel to it.

Whoops...I see I have an errant black diamond bling that has escaped from the top left corner...I will have to dig out another one and do a little repair...lol Why is it we never recognize these things till
after we have posted the photo!


Recipe
Card Base - from my stash, Michaels Recollections square textured cards and envelopes
DP - Bo Bunny, Snow Day
Card stock - snippet of black card stock left over from a wedding layout
Word Stickers - from my stash ( DCWV sticker sheet)
Felt - snowflakes from my stash, (dollar store) sleigh is an upcycled item
Diecut - from my stash (Santa is  K and Co)
Bling - from my stash

I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. CHNC Extra - Anything goes, Must be Christmas
3. MFP Speedy TV Christmas CArd Challenge - Must be Christmas, Anything Goes

16 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a great card Maureen, love the felt sleigh! It certainly looks a snowy night for Santa!! Susam x

McCrafty's Cards said...

I love this Mo, the santa is really sweet I like the paper and the sentiment
Kevin xx

Di said...

Great upcycling Maureen! Love the Santa and the background is perfect for him.

Hugs, Di xx

Sue said...

This is fab Mo!!! cant wait to meet you oh my hahaha huggles Sue xxx

MagsB said...

Oh so cute! I love all the felt, the texture is ace! And Santa is so sweet, too!

love Mags B x

Pia S said...

This is a fun and cheerful Christmas card! The sleigh of felt looks great, and I like how you've placed all those sticker words. Cute!

Hazel said...

Love the sleigh and Santa - thanks for a beautiful card for my CHNC challenge extra for August - hope to see more of your Christmas crafting soon. x

MaryH said...

Had to laugh about your lost black bling seen after you took the photo. Happens to me all the time! Loved how you used so many NBUS-es(?) on this one. The felt added so much texture and I think I recognize the snowflake paper. Great job on all the products used on this card, turned out great. TFS & I'm busy trying to play catchup visitin' this afternoon.

Sarn said...

Brilliant card and I love that you upcycled. xxx

The Old Parsonage said...

LOVE it!!! I'm all about Christmas!!!

Enjoy your weekend!
Leann

Glenda Atkins said...

Adorable Santa card, love the snowflake background and the way you have displayed the word sentiments!
hugs Glenda

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful sleigh and the paper is perfect! My camera picks up all kinds of things I can't see. Love the black stones!

Darnell said...

So darling, Maureen! You get an A+++ for using your NBUS AND your snippets! There is another challenge I'm seeing where you use up your OLD schtuff, so old NBUS, not new NBUS. OMG, LOL! Let me see if I can find it and I'll send you the info. Sometimes they won't let you enter if you don't know the manufacturer and I know, for me, with the old schtuff, I rarely (if ever!) know where it came from.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Mo this is totally FAB I love that image of Santa and Sleigh, the words and snowflakes are a great addition.
hugs
lorraine x

Glenda Atkins said...

It's a fab Christmas card Maureen, love your background paper and the felt sleigh! Had a chuckle re the runaway black diamond bling! Believe me it happens to the best of us!
hugs
glenda

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card. I like how you came about making it. It is true, I never see my flaws until I upload my photo. Funny thing no one else would notice them if we didn't point them out. Lol