Friday 27 July 2012

Favourite sports?

Do you have a favourite sport?

I sure do...but not the way you would think!

My favourite sports are golfing, fishing and boating. Maybe you are thinking that I am a sporty kind of girl...well, you would be WRONG!!!

I love those sports because my husband likes to go fishing, boating and go off to play golf with his buddies. He is still best friends with his original buddies from elementary school and luckily they share a love of the same sports.

While hubby is off getting some exercise with his pals,  I can get in some paper crafting...so...yes...
I LOVE those sports!!!

These past few months have been a bit of a dry spell for paper crafts as he was not strong enough to golf, etc. He is finally up to a bit of golfing out of a cart, on a good day. Prior to the heart attack and the diabetes, he always prided himself on walking the course and even carried his golf bag...no dragging or pushing a wheelie cart for him. Now, it's playing out of a cart with a wee snack bag tucked into his golf bag, in case his blood sugars drop!

Today, while he was off with his buddies, I managed to get a birthday card finished. It has a golf theme and will probably go to one of his pals on their birthday.

Wasn't quite sure about the golden circle behind the birthday sentiment. I was going to score sunshine rays coming out to the left on the green cardstock. I thought it would look reminiscent of sunshine on the golf course.but that idea was kyboshed by the fact that the green cardstock is heavily textured and the rays looked strange. Then I remembered I had some wavy, circular rays of sunshine in my stash drawer...they have been filed away for over 10 years...Extras from a tropical, Hawaii scrapbook album that I finished up long ago!  Good thing I am not a paper purger as I was able to locate them right away. A little judicious trimming with the scissors and it slid right behind my sentiment circle. Finally, I had my sunshine.

Here's a little peek at the inside.

With the exception of the argyle paper, all the other bits used today, are from my stash and well over a year old. (Some more than others...teehee). The argyle came from a  6x6 paper pad of My Minds Eye, Lime Twist, that I picked up at the infamous Clipper Street Scrapbook Store garage sale last weekend. I kind of think it is still using stash...it just used to be someone else's stash!!! Best of all...It was only 2 dollars for the whole pad.  Yay... how I love a bargain!

Supplies:
Card blank:- Recollections
Cardstock - green textured sheet from my stash
Stamp on card front      - G-1677 1999 PSX
Sentiment on card front - older stamp from stash, name worn off
Sentiment inside card - Inkadinkadoo
Brads        - stash
PP - My Minds Eye lime twist

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Alphabet Challenge    http://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/    - M is for Men
2.  Pause, Dream, Enjoy http://pausedreamenjoychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
- Sports or Hobbies    
3.  Paper Play Challenges    http://paperplaychallenges.blogspot.ca/   Week 30 - Sports
4.  Simon Says Stamp  http://www.simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.ca/   - Anything goes
5.  Emergency Crafters http://emergencycrafterschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  - Circles
6.  Fun With Shapes   http://funwithshapesandmore.blogspot.ca/ Use Punch or Diecut and Numbers
My blue and yellow circles are both punched out.I have also punched the argyle paper to fit round them. The numbers are on the red tee flag (118)
7. Simply Create Too http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.ca/  #18 Use it twice - I used 2 white brads.
8. Shopping Our Stash http://shoppingourstash.blogspot.ca/  Use something new - I used the backing card from my stash. I had to cut the seal on the box to get it out!
9.  Use it Tuesday http://useittuesday.blogspot.ca/ #36 Uncut paper - I cut into a full sheet of green textured paper for the second layer of this card. I love textured paper but do sort of hoard it too long.
10. Divas By Design http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.ca/   #45 Happy Birthday

22 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Why I love hunting season for the same reason! love your golf card with that goregous big sun!
hugs
glenda

Darnell said...

Your card is so perfect for a golfer! And, dang, woman, ten challenges!! I'm also most impressed by you laying hands on that left-over sun so easily! You must be VERY well organized; you also knew where all your bits and pieces came from?! I consider myself to be really organized but I pale in comparison!

I'm sorry to hear about hubs heart attack and diabetes. Two toughies for sure. I'm glad he is doing well enough to get out, even if it is in a cart. Better than being six feet under, right?!!

Darnell said...

Oh, sure, pretend our minds don't think exactly alike!! It just so happens I have all my beachie, watery, boating, sun stuff together, too! I just wouldn't be able to remember I had that particular sun that would be perfect for my card ... until after the card was done and sent! So, I'm still impressed!

Pia S said...

Your card turned out so great! The sun looks fabulous and love the addition of the two white golf balls - such a fun detail!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...a superb card, loVe your paper choice (the harliquin is a fave of mine)& attention to detail, especially the sentiment as the body of the sun...loVely work...Mel :)

Erika said...

I love fishing for the same reason I get peace to craft. LOL. Just need to sort the kids out now...
Great card I love the sun behind your sentiment.
Hugs Erika.

Lesley said...

Great men's card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet's 'Men Only' challenge xx

Stephanie U said...

What a fun card! Thanks for playing along with Use It Tuesday and using your stash!

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love that big sun. Makes the card I think...So glad your hubby is able to get out now and enjoy life again. I think your card is fabulous and I love it..joann sassy raggedy

jimlynn said...

Wonderful card!!! Love that golf bag and the DP you used - and the sun is so creative and just sensational! Love it.
(I also love sports too! LOL)
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash.
Lynn

Janis Lewis said...

I Loved your posts and why you like those sports. LOL! Great twist to where we might have thought that was going. Perfect card for our challenge too. Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy's Ch# 30 "Sports & Hobbies"!
:) Janis

Anonymous said...

such a great card! Love the sunshine!

Diana Seal said...

What a great card, love the sun and the the golf balls, such cute detail.
Sorry to hear about your husband, wishing him a speedy recovery and a quick return to all his favorite sports.
I know what you talking about, it's really nice when the guys leave for a little while and you get the house to your self for a bit.
Good look on all your entries!

Shelby said...

Those are the best kind of sports aren't they:)! Great card. Love the Kraft and the ray of sunshine is perfect.

Shelby

Cathy Dineen said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Mo: Your card is beautiful--love your image--watch golf on TV--hate to play. Glad you joined us for Challenge #18 - "Use it Twice"


Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

This is such a great card. Perfect for the golfer :)
As for your question about carrying a bear whistle when I walk. Hubby rides the quad back and forth as I walk.
We heard a high power rifle across the lake the other night, we are thinking that a bear was across the lake and they tried to scare it away, so yup bears and other wild animals around here :)

Cazro said...

Ah! another lady who loves her husband to go and play golf. A super card which fits our theme perfectly.
Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

Mandy said...

Fabulous card, I love the sun and the image is just perfect for any golf lover.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Kathleen said...

Fab card, great image
Thanks for joining us at Divas
Hugs
Kat x

Sarah-Jane said...

Great card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

Alica said...

Great masculine card! Love the sun die cut too!
Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)