Sunday 21 January 2018

Christmas Card Club - Christmas Baking

It was my turn to choose a theme for our fortnightly Christmas Card Club and I chose Christmas Baking. I wanted to use this NBUS Marks Finest Papers Cookie stamp which I have owned for a few  years now. I won this stamp in one of their challenges, and I am sad to say that this company appears to be no longer trading. I stamped off several different cookies from this stamp set, and will be featuring them in the next couple of posts.

Todays cookies are still on the cookie sheet...either they are very large cookies, or my cookie sheet is quite small! I fussy cut them after colouring with copics and using a white Sharpie pen for the zigzag details. A quick lick of clear Wink Of Stella gave them a festive feel.


I started with a 6x6 Hunky Dory  square easel card and envelope, and covered the top with Doodlebug Designs Here Comes santa claus. I overlaid the top of the sheet with a candy designed paper from my  VOS Martha Stewart, Peppermint Winter Mat pad.  I know it is wasteful, but sometimes I just want the ease of overlaying, rather than stopping to measure and cut so the two pieces line up exactly. This MS mat pad has lots of embossed glittery candies.

A strip of silver glittery washi tape grounds the various silver finishes in both the pearlescent silver cookie sheet and the chrome utensils. I cut the cookie sheet from a snippet leftover from cutting up a  silver finished 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch premade card. I thought it was just the right shade and finish to resemble a cookie sheet.

The mixing bowl, tools, and oven mitt are all 3D stickers from Dollarama. I pick these up whenever I see them as the workmanship on this set is quite good for $1.25
.
I covered the inside with another Doodlebug Design paper from the same paper pad. I am pretending the tray on the inside flap are tarts...if you squint really hard, I think you just might agree...


If you would like to check out the other ladies baking cards, the hyperlinks are imbedded on my right sidebar. I know there are some wonderful cards there. If you are interested in joining out little club, drop me an email.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Christmas Card Club - Christmas Baking
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets. My snippets are the cookie sheet and all the stamped cookies themselves.  I always save my snippets of stamping card as it is pricey and little pieces are perfect for any stamping that needs fussy cutting..

26 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

This great Maureen. You have managed to get so much into your card. Fabulous. Hope you are well. Christine xx

Carol L said...

This is such an adorable card and has a super fun theme! Love those gingerbread cookies on the cookie sheet along with the little tarts! Well done Mo, this is really a cute card!

Rita said...

Good Morning Maureen. What a Great Baking card for your chosen theme today. So many interesting objects to see and it must have taken ages to create. Love your finished card. Hugs Rita xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Aww these are such a fun trio of gingerbread men. A fabulous easel card with all the cooking elements and details.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

Oh what a super stamp set this is. I don't feel so bad now of using Gingerbread for my card. Hugs Mrs A.

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
oh this card is brillant and so wonderfully designed too.
Love all the wonderful elements you have created.
They look so edible.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Zoe Tant said...

Cute card Mo and I love how you've got tray bakes, tools and gingerbread men in there. Fun theme thank you have enjoyed making for this one. Glad you are on the mend from the flu. Hugs Zoe x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a sweet card! Love this theme and your paper and Gingerbread men go together great!

jimlynn said...

So fun and cute! I can smell the gingerbread cooking from here. Love your card.
Lynn

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Mo, great take on your theme. I think I need to look for some Baking stamps! I'm finally back,actually feeling well enough to craft at last. Hugs, Shaz X

rachel said...

A wonderful theme Maureen - I really struggled at first to think of what to use but once I dug I really had fun so thanks for that one. I love your card - it looks like a festive afternoon baking - its lovely! Hugs rachel x

Barb said...

Well you chose a great theme Maureen and it's a fabulous Christmas baking card. What a lovely stamp set and I'm sure now you've got it out you'll have lots more fun with it. I love the cute gingerbread men. Barbxx

MaryH said...

It was a challenge for me on this one, Mo, but after all, that's what a challenge is! I loved your gingerbread men, and you put lots of icing on your guys! (I didn't think of that!) Loved the baking sheet idea, and adding in the cooking tools as embellies. The special fold was a nice touch to add lots of interest (didn't think of that idea either!). Your card is delightful, it's making me hungry, and TFS. Also thanks for making me think out of the box too! Hugs.

cotnob said...

Such a fun card Maureen, your gingerbread men are so cute - a fabulous design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol said...

Love your card Maureen, it's making me hungry just looking at it! Thanks for a great challenge, that's another NBUS set finally been used. Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, so creative! Fun and cute card, full of details and so brilliant!

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card and a really lovely set of images, very difficult challenge but hey ho, I think you should send every commenter a gingerbread man.
Lol

Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Mo, what a terrific card, fabulous design and such lovely baking elements. Super challenge, thank you, Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this gorgeous card and those wonderful looking gingerbread people. Hope you are both feeling better now after your Christmas illness's.

Sue xx

Di said...

Such a fun card - I almost expect those little gingerbread people to jump up and try to eat me! Very clever!

Hugs

Di xx

Craftychris said...

ooh this is an absolutely yummy card! xxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh this is adorable !!!

Linby said...

oh I just love this. I thought the cookie sheet was a die! You did a great job with it.

Anonymous said...

those gingerbread cookies are adorable and all the stickers add a fun detail and are perfectly suited to your baking theme! hope you and your hubby are feeling better. nasty things going around; we got it too.

Pia S said...

So many fun baking details on this card, it's a sweet festive design.

Greta said...

Oh too cute, Maureen! Very fun & festive!