Monday 25 September 2017

September Rudolph Days Challenge

Once again it is time for the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Here are the rules for your perusal:

 1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7. Please leave a comment on the challenge post.
8.   The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month. Prizes will be mailed anywhere in the world.

Our designers have been busy making some wonderful inspiration for you all.

First up is Jenny at Cardsarus

She has made this wonderful Three Wise Men card. Loving the golden accents and mats.  Loving the sumptuous bow, and loving that holly!



Next up is Sam at Whispers Cards

I love this LOTV image as it is so adorable. I am loving the the Stampin Up design papers used here and loving the gorgeous red border trim! The snowflake dies have me drooling.  


My card is a combination of new and old elements. This image is the last one of a series that I stamped and coloured up a couple of years ago.  My first NBUS item is the DCWV copper Mirri paper that I used for the scalloped mat. My second NBUS item is the copper mercury glass look  rectangular mat. This was from a 12 x 12 scrapbook pad that I cut down into 6x6 papers. I matted it with a snippet of dark brown card just to ground it. My photo makes that brown mat look almost grey, but it was the only photo that did not horrid glare from the mirri card!!!

The brown satin ribbon is my third NBUS. It was on a present I recently recieved and I upcycled it onto this card. The mat is actually the same colour as this ribbon...



The DP is possibly from a 6x6  Best Creations paper pad. The glued edge of the pad fell apart so I am not positive. The Merry Christmas and the reindeer were already heat embossed onto the paper.



I used a VOS snippet of  berry red World Win card for the final mat. The scalloped 6x6 card was purchased in England on my last trip over there.


My sentiment is my fourth NBUS. I bought this stamp for $2.00 at one of the 4 garage sales my local papercraft store holds each summer. Vendors rent a spot and set up in the parking lot and sell like a car boot sale. Such fun!!! Sadly, the vendor did not have the original packaging so I do not know the manufacturer..

I am entering my card in Darnell's 12th NBUS Challenge over at djkardkreations blog. The challeng is to use at least one NBUS (never before used Schtuff)

Our September Rudolph Days Challenge prize is a choice between this Hero Arts CL722 stamp set


or This Memory Box Holly Leaf Border Die.



47 comments:

Kathyk said...

Woo Hoo! First to enter this month!

Kathyk

Loll said...

Great cards by the Design Team. :) Happy to be playing along again this month. Please don't include me in the prizes ... just playing along for fun!

Lynne said...

Super cards by the design team. Those garage sales sound like my kind of place to be! Could I play for the stamp set please? Many thanks.

cotnob said...

Thank you for another super challenge Maureen, fabulous inspiration.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a very wonderful Rudolf card.
Your design is wonderful and that copper die cut looks stunning.
You have used some very lovely Nbus items on this card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Chris said...

Beautiful cards this month...the DT have excelled themselves! I'm really not ready for it to be the 25th yet....!
Chris
x

Sandra H said...

Super cards by the Dt's x

LesleyG said...

Happy Rudolph Day! Lovely creations as usual, such fabulous inspiration xxx

Barbara Godden said...

Love your challenge, awesome design team projects too.

Gail said...

Thank you for the new challenge - I like the tree sentiment - super and all of the cards are lovely as well

cuilliesocks said...

Super DT inspiration, must try and play along this month, Kate x

Sandra H said...

Amazing and so inspiring cards x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful cards by your yourself and your DT. Mo. Thank you for another fabulous challenge and it's lovely to be joining you again. Sandra x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous inspirations from the DT! And your card looks elegant and so striking with that sparkling reindeer and the beautiful topper!
...Mirri cards are always so difficult to photograph... I never succeed in this! :(

mamapez5 said...

Lovely design team cards again this month. I am just playing along as I already have the prizes on offer, but it is good to still take part. Kate x

Karenladd said...

I see that you also love to upcycle old packaging and I love that ribbon! The only thing more fun than making cards is to use something and give it a second life. Beautiful cards by the DT, and lovely inspiration to keep on making my Christmas cards all year round.

Darnell said...

Fantastic DT cards from you, Jenny, and Sam! I'm playing just for fun in your Rudolph Challenge! Thank you for playing in NBUS Challenge #12, Mo, and for embracing using your NBUS all year long!! Hugs, Darnell

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fantastic cards from the DT for our inspiration this month.

Sue xx

Carol L said...

Thanks for another fun Rudolph challenge this month with all of this wonderful inspiration from you and your designers! Wow! I'm playing just for fun this time around :)

Olga Fink said...

So many beautiful cards from the DT!
xoxo Olga

Karen Petitt said...

Lovely cards from all of you. Mo thank you so much for enabling me to keep up to date with my Christmas card making x

Craftychris said...

ooh what beautiful DT cards! I am so happy to have joined in! Yay! xxx

Barbara Godden said...

love your challenge, adding one soon.

Sally H said...

great cards from the DT! I love this challenge so much! Thanks Mo!

Joan said...

Lovely DT cards, just added mine, running late as usual

Janis said...

I adore the Mercury Glass piece in your card. I love that particular DCWV stack and had to buy three of them before I would allow myself to begin cutting the first one! lol... Beautiful cards from everyone!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

dutchess said...

happy Rudolph day ! xxxxx

Sandy said...

There are some beautiful NBUS papers on your card Mo. It's lovely.

Greta said...

Such unique & beautiful cards by all of you!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I messed up. Can you remove #40 as I tried and had no luck. Apparently I did not remove my cookies which were stored when I did the first time to enter. There sure are a lot of beautiful Christmas cards again.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I can't delete #40 which I posted by mistake. Anyone able to help me?

ionabunny said...

Yeah, I'm in. Totally missed it last month so made sure I got a bit of xmas crafting done this time. Thanks for a fun challenge. Hugz

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Thanks for the beautiful inspiration :)

Di said...

Great DT cards! Just playing for fun thanks.

Hugs

Di xx

Tina Z. said...

wow, amazing inspirations, I love them all.
could you please remove my first link (number 47), I made a mistake and link does not work, I am very sorry for this.
hugs treebug xx

Barbara said...

Thanks for another Rudolph Days Challenge with wonderful inspiration from the DT - and I finally managed to participate! And therefore already feel like a winner, lol.

Robyn Oliver said...

Wonderful cards ladies, love to play along and always great to be adding to my card stash

Valerija said...

Wonderful projects by the DT, as always. Great job ladies!

Borqna said...

Thank you for another super challenge, Maureen!
Blessings.

Claire said...

Lovely cards from yourself and the DT, lots of gorgeous Christmassy inspiration x

Darnell said...

There you go, Mo!! Still playing just for fun! Glad you are enjoying my Humor Theme!! Hugs, Darnell

Janice said...

Great inspiration from the design team!
Janice x

Babs said...

Plenty of inspiration beautiful DT Cards.
Hugs Babs x

Babs said...

Beautiful inspiration ladies..
Hugs Babs x

Babs said...

Thank you for all the beautiful inspiration and a fab challenge.
Hugs Babs x

Whisper said...

Oooo stunning hun, sorry for the late replying, only i've been doing lots of senior school visits for Harrison, luv Sam x

sally said...

And so Rudolph day is upon us once more! Sterling work girls, Im off for some closer looks :-)

Sally