Sunday 7 January 2018

Christmas Card Club

A very unwanted bout of flu has kept me from posting earlier. DH came down with it just before me and is still feeling very poorly. I must be getting better as I remembered my Christmas Card Club deadline was this morning.

I am entering a substitute card this fortnight as I forgot to take a photo of my 3 pixie cards before I mailed them off! My card was made just after Christmas, with some snippets that were laying about on my desk since finishing off with the 2017 Christmas cards. Rather than file them away, I decided to create a card around them.



I managed to not even have to trim the DP...just had to trim the red glitter paper to fit as mats.
Not a very exciting card, but a good use of snippets nevertheless. The sentiment is a cutout from the sentiment page that you can often find in 6x6 pads. I rarely use them. but in this case is worked out quite well.

The Christmas trees were already in my inked and cutout die files. Just had to glue them on and pop dot the largest tree a wee bit forward. A gave the trees a good coating of Stardust stickles along the edges of the branches They have a lovely glimmer now.

Recipe
Card and envelope - hand cut  4 1/4 x 5 from my stash
DP -Simple Stories  - DIY Christmas -from my stash
Sentiment - DP cutout - from my stash manufacturer unknown
Dies  - Sue Wilson Festive Cllection Winter Trees
Glitter paper - red glitter - from my stash, originally from Joanne's
Glimmer Finish-  Stardust stickles

I am entering this card at Pixies Crafty Workshop where you must use snippets!

23 comments:

LesleyG said...

Love all the coordinating paper, and those trees make a fab focal point, a great use of your snippets xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful Maureen, gorgeous colours and design, and such a lovely selection of paper, Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fabulous card Maureen. Sorry to hear that you and Al have been unwell, Hope that you are both recovering now.

Sue xx

Cara said...

I'm sorry that you've been unwell, I hope you're feeling better now. A great card made up of bits, it looks as if you'd had that plan in mind and made everything to go on it rather than the other way round x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Maureen, lovely rich colours.
Sorry to hear that you have been poorly, I hope you are well on the road to a full recovery.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I think it's very elegant and perfect for feminine or masculine recipients! Well done with your snippets and great design!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I hope you and hubby feel much better soon.
A gorgeous card, I love the darker, rich colours with the red glitter card, a perfect combination.
Lorraine

Christine Harrop said...

Lovely card Maureen using your snippets. Hope you are both feeling better soon. John was ill on Christmas Day with a dreadful stomach virus but luckily I have been absolutely fine. Take care. Hugs Christine xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

So sorry you have been ill. I and hubby had bad head colds that took the wind out of our sails too. Both of us are pretty much over it now. I love your card made with snippets. Thanks for sharing it.

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen.
I do hope you haven't got what I have had for the last 4 weeks now.
You think it's going away and it comes back with a vengance and such a dreadful cough which I have had for over a week now.
Won't let you sleep either.

Love your wonderful Christmas Club card and your wonderful design.
The red glitter looks brilliant and those papers are super.
Love your wonderful trees also and that super sentiment.
Hope you are soon feeling better.
Lots of crafty germ free hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Sandra H said...

Oooh hope your feeling lots better so lovely too is your card x

Kathleen said...

A really beautiful card Mo, such rich colours and gorgeous elements.
Hope you are better soon.

Kath x

Craftychris said...

Absolutely beautiful Christmas card - fabulous use of snippets! I hope you and your hubby both recover really soon! xxxxx

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Maureen, I love all the detail.
Sorry to hear you've been unwell and now your hubby is poorly. There have been so many bugs around this year. Hope you both will be fully recovered soon. xx

MaryH said...

I DO like this card very much. Love the mix of colors and patterns - they work so nicely together with this trio of trees. As did the different layering shapes and the sparkle glitter is so effective. Great use of snippets to create a lovely card. TFS & Hope your New Year will be off to a better start once you are both over this flu bug. Hugs

Gibmiss said...

Hi Maureen
Fabulous card....
Happy New Year
Hugs Sylvie xx

Di said...

Love this card Maureen - and great use of snippets. Wonderful shades of red and green and so much Christmassy interest. I've lost count of the number of blogging friends who've been ill over Christmas and New Year. Hope you and Al are fully recovered soon!

Hugs

Di xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Maureen sorry to hear you've both been ill I had a really bad sickness bug over the New Year and it made me so lethargic just getting back on my feet..lots of huggles Sue xxx

Claire said...

Lovely card, the pop of red is really striking against the darker colours and the trees just finish it off nicely. Feel better soon x

Chris said...

Fabulous design, lovely mix of papers, the rich warm colours are gorgeous together and it's a great use of your snippets!
Hope you both feel better soon.
Happy New Year
Chris
x

Carol L said...

I happen to think this card is very special with those layers of trees and red glitter paper! It's a beautiful use of snippets! I hope you and the Mr. kick that cruddy flu to the curb soon! Get well hugs to you!

Jules said...

Hi Maureen

So sorry to read that you have had the lurgy in your house. I hope it is making its way out of the door! There seems to be a lot of it around at the moment.

Loving your Christmas card. So many gorgeous layers and papers.

All the best for 2018.

Love Jules xx

Barb said...

I'm sorry to hear you have both had that awful flu Maureen and hope you are now starting to feel better. The papers are lovely and I really like the trees. Barbxx