Sunday 12 November 2017

Christmas Card Club - Shimmer and Sparkle

This fortnight, Lorraine at Rainy's Craft Room chose the theme of Shimmer And Sparkle for our Christmas Card Challenge. I knew right away which NBus item I would use. I had just purchased a set of crystal owls and thought they would be perfect for Christmas cards.

If you would like to check out the other entries, the hyperlinks to the other members blogs are on my right sidebar. It is worth taking a peak as there are some very talented ladies there and they make fabulous cards!

Card 1. The DP for this card is all from my stash...Doodlebug, Here Comes Santa Claus, 6x6 paper pad.  The NBUS owl, as well as the pearl and diamond bling, are from Forever In Time.

I used a second  NBUS item here...a Nouvo clear crystal glaze paint pen. It is very much like clear Wink of Stella, but the effect is much more pronounced. I used it on the white branch as well as on the aqua embossed snowflake panel.really like the effect and have added some of the other coloured Nouvo pens to my Christmas list! I keep a running list of small items that are perfect for stocking gifts. DH likes the ease of buying everything at the craft store!

I am entering this card over at Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets. My snippets are the aqua embossed panel, the pink and red circular mats, the white branch, and the Xmas tree DP.


Card 2.  My NBUS item on this card is the Forever  In Time, Crystal Swirls that I used in the left hand corners. If anyone knows a foolproof way to get delicate swirly bling off the acrylic paper and onto the card without stretching and distorting it, let me know. After fighting with those swirls several times and even breaking a third swirl, I thought perhaps I should have lifted it off with transfer tape on the good side, and then peeled that tape off once the bling was attached. Let me know if you have tried that or any other good method.

The grey and white snowflake background DP is from my snippets file, and the border band is First Edition. I added two Impression Obsession snowflakes...how I love that die! They are the miniature snowflakes and fit card sizes quite well. A wee diamond in the centre of each one tied in the sparkle theme. The border branch is Memory Box and was given a good coating of Nouvo crystal paint pen. The black circle is Spellbinders, and the red stitched circle is Lawn Fawn.



Card 3. My NBUS on this card is the Simple Stories Claus and Co, DP.
The word Joy and the stars are part of the DP and I went over them with three coats of Nouvo clear glimmer pen. I added clear diamonds to the stars on the red DP and the vintage silver border is glitter tape from the dollar store. I added a thin layer of Nouvo pen over the red and grey mats as I thought they looked a bit plain and I needed to make the card shine for the Shimmer and Sparkle theme..


28 comments:

Claire said...

These are fab, I love the third one, not sure why I think it's because it's red but they all look super cute. I'm not sure how you could bear to part with that owl, he's adorable perched on his branch x

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards, Mo. And you did a great job with the theme. Love those owls. Haven't tried the Nouvo products yet but they sound like something worth trying. Thanks for the Christmas inspiration!

Chris said...

Fabulous sparkly cards! Love those little crystal owls, they're gorgeous! Must try out the Nouvo Crystal glaze pens, the effect is fabulous, thanks for the tip!
Chris
x

Di said...

I love all three cards Mo! And the glaze pen sounds fabulous - who doesn't like a shiny and sparkly Christmas card?!

Hugs

Di xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh my goodness! I love these sparkley owls! They are amazing and all three versions are wonderful. Great work!

Lisa said...

Wow, these are all so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful owls!! They look amazing!! I'm adding the Nouvo Glaze Pens to my wish list!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are gorgeous Maureen and certainly very sparkly too. I love those little owls, perfect for this challenge and you have been so industrious to make three fabulous festive cards.
Lorraine

dutchess said...

Lovely Maureen...they are so sparkly...love them xxxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such cute designs using that wonderful owl image.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable cards, and the cute sparkling owls look great on them!

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Maureen, such a sweet owl.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

Three fabulous cards Mo, love the owls and some really lovely papers and embellishments.

Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, your selection of cards is so beautiful, loving your colours and designs, the owl is gorgeous, Kate x

Darnell said...

What a darling trio of sweet and colorful owl Christmas cards, Maureen! Well done using your NBUS and your snippets!! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

oh, i love these adorable cards featuring those sweet and cute owls!!

Cara said...

Those owls are fabulous and your cards show them off beautifully x

Carol L said...

What a fabulous collection of cards with those sparkly birds! Each one is unique and so pretty, and the papers and embellishments are all wonderful too!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous cards, Mo xoxo

Jean said...

Your cards are great, I love the cute owls and the festive papers you used. My favourite is the third one with a red background.
Jean x

Sandra H said...

Fabulous cards x

Zoe Tant said...

Adorable and so pretty Mo. They must have taken a lot of time with all the detail. Zoe x

Mrs A. said...

Oh goodness me these are adorable. Love the owls so sparkly and certainly rock the theme. just managed to get mine posted after thinking this wasn't due till next Sunday. Hugs Mrs A.

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous cards... Mo...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Gail said...

Beautiful! TFS

rachel said...

these are amazing Mo! I love these birds - so very cute and clever - great cards! Hugs rachel x

Greta said...

3 sweet cards, Maureen! Those owls are beautiful & so fun for Christmas cards!

AlisonC said...

Gorgeous sparkly cards and such cute owls. I like the idea of a Christmas Craft store list! x AlisonC Snippets GD

Pia S said...

I'm in love with your sweet and stylish sparkly owls! These cards are truly gorgeous!