Sunday 20 August 2017

Tea-riffic

Langley Stampers Club organized a Shoebox card making day out. We attended a lovely hall across the bridge in Coquitlam.  Each person had to design a card and bring 20 kits.  As I rarely go over that way, it was a fun day out.

I decided on this NBUS Taylored Expressions stamp set and with a theme of blue and green in mind, I managed to find all the design paper at a clearance sale at Joanne's. They had 12 x 12 design papers ranging from 17 cents to 30 cents each. The background plaid paper is Happi Boy Plaid by Dena Designs.

I had a wee problem getting my photo image straight. Sadly it looks as if my papers are crooked but of course they are straight...just the camera operator (me...lol) doing my usual photo problems!


I inked the edges of the Canvas Corp Mini Dot Reverse Aqua and Ivory dotted paper with Ingvild Bolme blue chalk ink. Then inked the edges of the Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Collection Coordinations Aqua Textured card with her green chalk ink.

The doilies were from Michaels and I used snippet of green textured card with my Spellbinders Decorative Labels One die, for the fancy mat under the teacups.

I stamped the teacups on a snippet of card, and coloured them with Copics. I pop dotted them forward onto a Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Frames 7 mat, cut from another snippet of white card. Not many snippets, but just enough to allow me through the gates at Pixies Crafty Workshop...where you must use snippets somewhere on your card!

I love the sentiment inside this card. It is from that same Taylored Expressions stamp set. I flipped over the aqua cardstock I used on the outside of the card so that the smooth side was up, as I find the smoother side takes the stamp better. Here is a photo of the inside of my card.


21 comments:

Liz said...

What a great idea to have a card making day, Maureen. Nothing better than crafting with friends. 😊 You've designed a super card, I love the papers and such a bargain too. Great stamped image and the sentiment is perfect. xx

Aquarius said...

Your shoebox day sounds great - love this colourful teacups card which is a good way of using up your snippets.

Marianne said...

Sounds like a fun crafty event. Great idea to stick to a simple colour scheme with all the layers going on. Love that teacup stamp. The cups look as if they have been paper-pieced and the white background really makes them pop.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Maureen, I love the stacked tea cups they look like they've come from a stamp and die set.

Sue xx

Cara said...

Glad to know it's not just me that has the wonky photo problem! Your card is so pretty, I love the colours you used and the sentiment tucked inside looks fab x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card. I just fancy a cup of tea right now. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful card!! The tea cups stamp is lovely!! Love the blue and green color theme.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Mo, lovely card, love the teacups and and your fabulous colours, Kate x

Di said...

Brilliant card Mo - and such a great idea to use the doily behind the tea cups - perfect! Ha, taking photos is so hit and miss isn't it - but guess what, we only notice our own issues and no-one else's. I bet that was a fun day out as well :)

Hugs

Di xx

Jo said...

Love the colour combo you chose......and a fab stamp you used too!
hugs Jo x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful and I love all those layers you used to show off the stack of cups. Great sentiment inside too.

cotnob said...

A super card Maureen, pretty teacups and your papers are perfect - lovely colours. It sounds like a great day.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

Don't tell me about problems with photo's, I seem to encounter more problems than anyone.
Love the dies and the the lovely paper piecing also the great use and design of the background papers.

Kath x

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Maureen love those papers also the fabulous image, great choice of colours
hugs
lorraine x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such a cute card, Mo.
Hugs,
Em xoxox

Darnell said...

What a fun outing! I love the snippets design you created, Mo, and I'll bet it was a hit! It all looks hunky-dory to me, but then I'm a lover of wonky, so I would have loved it either way! Great sediment inside!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

This is such a pretty card Maureen!! I bet the girls were thrilled to get their kit to make their own. Love the colour combo and the mix of papers. That doily is BEAUTIFUL! And great sentiment to so with the stack of cups!:) xx

Darnell said...

Hmmm, I could have sworn I already commented on this tea-rific card, Mo! Great snippets design and beautiful colors and patterns!! Hugs, Darnell

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So delicate and sweet, and love the dimension of the cups and that doily!

Greta said...

Great color combo & sweet card, Maureen! Love the tea cups! I have that Spellbinder die--need to use it!

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card and I love those colours.
I too take wonky photos of my projects....I blame it on my stigmatism, lol