Monday 12 June 2017

And Yet Another

Here is another of those cards I gave my friend.

This is another card made from snippets. The card base is made with a heavy weight sheet of  12x12 wood grain paper that I cut in half to make two cards. The dotted paper is VOS  (very old stash). It is ten years old or maybe even more, as it was a snippet from a scrapbook I made of Little Miss C when she was a toddler.

The tree, flowers, scalloped mat, banner and sentiment tag were all cut from snippets quite some time ago. I like to do things like this with snippets and file them away for future use.


I used a pre coloured image (Hobby House methinks...but not sure) and highlighted it with a clear Wink Of Stella pen. I added a little WOS to the flower petals too. A few teensy diamonds on the flowers and this card was done!

Since there are so many snippets on this card, I am taking it over to Di's challenge, Pixies Crafty Workshop.

Recipe:

Card - hand cut from a heavy weight 12x12 VOS scrapbook page in my stash
DP - snippet of 12x12 DP so VOS that I do not remember the manufacturer
Card Stock - snippets of pink and kraft card from my stash
Die Cuts - Memory Box tree and banner; Impression Obsession tag; Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle.
Punch - Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch
Image - from my stash...I think it is a Hobby House image
Sentiment stamps - tiny acrylic alphabet stamps from my stash
Bling - diamonds from my stash
Glimmer - Wink Of Stella pen

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets.

26 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Just gorgeous! I love the wood grain paper and your pink details.
Lorraine

Barb said...

What a lovely summery card this is and a great use of your snippets and VOS. Barbxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Super cute! I love the image, the papers and the fun flowers on the tree. This is a wonderful combo!

Brenda said...

OMGoodness, what a beautiful card Maureen!!! I so love this scene you have created. The papers you used are fabulous, I so love pink and brown together! Love the image you used and that beautiful tree die. Yep, a beautiful card indeed! Hugs, Brenda

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Maureen, what a pretty card, I love the image and your colours, beautifully designed too, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful card design. Great colors and fun image too!

Cara said...

Fabulous card, what a great use of snippets. I love the tree with those teeny blossoms x

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a wonderful card and your design is awesome and very lovely.
Beautiful image and that ree is spectacular.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jean said...

A super summery card, I love the colours and papers used.
Jean x

mamapez5 said...

A lovely card and a great way to use up some old stash and snippets. I like the little flowering tree. Kate x

cotnob said...

A super card Maureen, such a pretty image and lots of lovely details.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

rachel said...

these are lovely - that tree is especially beautiful - gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

Kathleen said...

Super card and love the image and a great background, love the tree die too.

Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Maureen, I love the woodgrain paper that you've used as the card.

Sue xx

Carol L said...

This came together beautifully with all your snippet elements! I love all those tiny pink blossoms on the tree :)

Tracy said...

Such a sweet pretty card.
I love everything about this one..the bike, the tree with the blossoms, the papers...everything is just so pretty.

LesleyG said...

A super summery snippets card xxx

Di said...

Super card Mo and loads of lovely snippets used as well! I bet you still have just as many left though ;

Lovely to see you playing along in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

This is a beautiful summertime card, Mo! I'm so impressed at the VOX and snippets you used! I'm also impressed that you actually go back and REACH for the UCBs and use them on a card, sigh! I need to get another hamster and just station him at the UCB box with a trumpet!

I'm so glad that the reno is nearing an end! You must be pickled tink to see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Hugs, Darnell

Chris said...

It's a gorgeous card Mo, love the colour theme and the sweet little tree with the blossom, lovely summery image too.
Chris
x

KandA said...

Super card Maureen, lovely image and a great use of all those snippets xx

Sarn said...

Fantastic looking card Mo. Love all the embellishments.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Linby said...

This is so cute and I love the tree.

Carol L said...

I don't know how I missed this one, but it's so stinkin' cute with those itty bitty flowers and that cute bike! I'm loving the tiny banner with those great papers too! So cute!

Pia S said...

So sweet! I really like the tree with the tiny pink flowers, it goes well with the image too.

Greta said...

Super cute card, Maureen! Love the flowery tree & adding the diamonds was perfect!