Tuesday 23 May 2017

Birthday Card For A Fisherman, or in this case, a Fisherboy

I  am making up some birthday cards for a Thank you gift. Three boy, and three girl themed cards
 I will show the rest of these cards over the next couple of weeks. Here is the first.

The tied fly hook is an image I picked up at the thrift shop. I cut it out with a Lawn Fawn stitched square die and matted with a snippet of Bazzill heavy weight card, cut with the larger stitched die. I pop dotted the image off the mat for some depth to the card.



I covered the white card base with some snippets of DP from my stash.  The party hat DP is a snippet of Crate Paper, Party Day. The bottom piece looks like cork strips and was the perfect colour to go with the snippet of birthday party hats. I think it is another Crate Paper selection...this time, Party Time.

The HAPPY banner was left over from a set of cards shown in a previous post. I pop dotted it forward too. The BIRTHDAY word sentiment  was left over from that same set of cards. It is stamped on a Stampin' Up  word punch.

My NBUS item today is the tied fly image.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Allsorts Challenge Blog - Birthday theme

13 comments:

Sandra H said...

So lovely is your card the image reminds me of the flies my hubby used for his fishing x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Maureen, a super image and your little 'Happy' banner is perfect.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great card, Mo. I love the colors.
Hugs,
Em xoxox

Cara said...

Such an unusual card, but beautiful. Cara x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this...lots of fishermen in my family would like this one.

Kathleen said...

A really super image and love the super colours, a great background too.

Kath x

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a wonderful card, and I really like that image.
Lovely banner and wonderful snippets of paper used.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Tracy said...

The image is gorgeous.
I didn't even realize the pattern paper had party hats on it until you mentioned it!!

brenda said...

It's lovely to see you at Allsorts 8th Birthday celebrations Mo, thank you so much for joining in with your lovely creation.

Hope all is well with you.

B x

Greta said...

Absolutely fabulous Fisherboy card, Maureen!

susiestacey said...

Great card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 8th Birthday challenge and good luck x Susan x

Pia S said...

I like how you used red on this card, it makes the image stand out. Great masculine look!

Brenda said...

What a great masculine card Maureen! I so love that tied fly hook and I love the way you made it into a birthday card. Fabulous! Hugs, Brenda