Monday 17 April 2017

Little Girls Birthday

I have been trying to use up any stamped and coloured images I have on hand. Frankly, I am a bit tired of most of them and want to get them used up so I can get on with stamping and colouring up some new ones. lol

This wee bear is a Stampin' Up stamp that I have made several cards with, over the years. This is the last of my stamped and coloured bears, so that is a good feeling! My NBUS item on this card is the Wild Rose Birthday DP. I won the 6x6 paper pad from Kate at Wild Rose Studio. Thanks so much Kate!



The image mat is from my snippets pile. The ribbon on this card is one of those that never unravel. I wish all ribbon was like this. I backed it with a snippet of kraft card just to tie in the bears fur colour.

The number one diecut is actually cut from red glitter card. It is the same shade of red as the red strip of ribbon behind the glittery pink lace part of the ribbon. This red glitter card is very hard to photograph and seems to like to photograph very dark...but I promise you that is is red!!!

I have a second NBUS item on this card. It is the sentiment stamp. It is one of those Studio G $1.50 stamp sets that are commonly sold at Michaels.  I stamped it in Brown Momento ink to match the image ink and then I fussy cut it out.

I have so many of these studio G stamps and almost all are still NBUS. I am going to make an effort to use a couple of these stamps each month. Perhaps some of you have a hidden stash of these wee stamps too and would like to join me in a campaign to let them meet ink.
For me, I managed to use one today, and only have 500 or so to go!!

Two NBUS down and 999,999 to go!

24 comments:

brenda said...

A perfect card for a little girl Mo and the bear is so sweet, definitely one of those old fashioned ones now worth a fortune.

Hope you had a good Easter.

B x

cotnob said...

Such a sweet card Maureen, a cute teddy bear - perfect for a youngster.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

It's just so lovely Maureen, and just perfect for a little one, Kate x

Berina RGA said...

Such a beautiful card. The teddy bear is so cute. It's nice that you have started using your NBUS. I also have to do that.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a wonderful card! It is so sweet and perfect for a 1 year old girl!

Pia S said...

It's so sweet this image. Allow it a well deserved pause than it might appeal to you again at a later stage. Well done using NBUS, it feels good doesn't it! I hope you've had a lovely Easter.

Jean said...

Pretty papers and a cuddly teddy bear, what could be better to make a lovely card for a toddler.
Jean x

Kathleen said...

Very pretty card and a lovely image, great sentiment stamp. good luck with the other 500.

Kath x

MagsB said...

This is such a sweet card, Maureen - I love the colouring on the bear, and the pretty pink papers! Congratulations on using the NBUS (and a snippet!) - I am having a mahoosive tidy of my craft hovel and keep finding NBUS myself! It's quite an adventure!!

love Mags B x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Yes I know what I mean the fun is in the creating and sometimes one doesnt feel like using them up either!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Donna said...

This is such a sweet card for a first birthday. Thanks for the inspiration as I will be making 1st birthday cards for the twins. Ihear you about the NBUS items. I have so many I have no idea where they all are. It's kind of sad! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Cara said...

Just adorable. Love the papers you've used. Cara x

Karenladd said...

How funny that you also have a lot of pre-stamped images that you're trying to use up because that's what I've been doing as well. I even made two cards with that same bear image recently...for a card drive. And don't even get me started on my loads of NBUS that is just crying to be taken out of my stash and used!

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card.
I too have many of these small stamps as well as coloured images that have not made it onto a card yet.

Mrs A. said...

He is a cute bear and I love how you have coloured him. He looks so soft and cuddly. Hugs Mrs A.

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
that card is awesome and very lovely crafted.
Your Bear stamp is coloured so perfectly too.
Loving you wonderful design also.
Love and big crafty hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Mo.
Hugs,
Em xoxox

April said...

This is such a sweet card and I love the cute bear!

Craftychris said...

Such a cute card - lovely papers too! xxx

Greta said...

Super cute card, Maureen! Love your coloring & the pretty papers! Been thinking about you & hope you're doing well.

Di said...

Love this card Mo, and that adorable bear is one of my very favourite stamps. I admired it ages ago on my blog and did eventually track him down (pre-loved) but I had no idea he was originally SU! You really showcased him to perfection!

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

Such a sweet card, Maureen, perfect for a one year old. Beautiful papers and a really cute image. xx

Brenda said...

Good for your for using your colored images Maureen!! I love how beautiful this card came out! The papers are so fabulous, your ticket sentiment is perfect and I love the glitter cardstock you have used. I have a few Studio G stamps, and yes, I want to start using mine as well. lol I don't have as many as other's do though, and I'm glad about that! lol I love that you are trying to use them as well, good for you!! And good for you for using your NBUS, I'm trying hard to do that too, but have a long way to go. lol Hugs, Brenda

Tina Z. said...

super cute!