Saturday 11 April 2015

Christmas Card Club - Vintage

Another fortnight has flown by and Rachel of Fisher Cards and Crafts, chose a Vintage theme for our Christmas Card Club. I love making vintage cards so perused my canvas images on hand and found this likely candidate.

This was part of a very old (VOS) canvas sheet of images. I have used a few of them up now...think I have only one more left...so hopefully this qualifies as a snippet! Oh well...if not, I managed to make most of this card from my bits box, so that is a good thing! Now I can go skipping straight over to Pixies Crafty Workshop for this weeks Use Your snippets challenge.

When I think of vintage, I immediately see kraft card, chipboard, a touch a jute twine and some vintage image to bring it all together. This card is no exception.  I decided to try out some of my Maya Road chipboard snowflakes. I think they are NBUS (never before used stash) as I can not remember ever using them before! Funny how you often reach for the tried and true instead of giving the newcomers a tryout! Then time goes by and those newcomers are suddenly old as well! I was going to ink the edges with my chalk ink but then decided they picked up the background greige of the canvas image, so left them as is.


The striped background DP is MME Santa Claus and the dotted border strip is a snippet of the same line. I raided my bits box for the doily...it is actually only half a doily, judicially placed to look whole. The kraft corner die flourish, the snippet of a border die, and the kraft snowflake were from dies I had already cut and had on hand. This card managed to use up a few more bits and bobs.

Recipe
Card base and envelope - 5 1/2 inch square textured card,  from my stash
DP - MME Santa Claus, from my stash
Card Stock - snippet of kraft card, from my stash
Hessian mat - snippet of a  DCWV 6 inch stack, from my stash
Chipboard snowflakes - Maya Road (NBUS)
Dies - Memory Box flourish and Impression Obsession snowflake, from my stash. The border die snippet is Martha Stewart, I think
Bling - red diamonds, from my stash
Doily - dollar store doily, from my stash
Image - Canvas image
Jute twine - from my stash

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Christmas Card Club - Vintage
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets

39 comments:

Di said...

Wow Mo, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the layers and the image is adorable. A perfect vintage card and great use of lots of snippets..You could also enter this into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge where the theme is 'Texture' this week!

Hugs

Di xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Love it Maureen beautiful work... thanks so much for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful vintage Christmas card Maureen love that image so much also the design and embellishments are wonderful.
hugs
lorraine x

brenda said...

That's a very Rachel theme and one I love as well and your take is gorgeous Mo and very tactile as well.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous vintage image and card Maureen, love the papers and burlap mat behind the image too.
Lorraine

Christine Harrop said...

This is a really lovely soft looking card Maureen. The image is great and the colours all blend so nicely together. Hugs Christine xx

Unknown said...

This really is stunningly vintage! Beautiful design love the hessian and brown paper layered together!
Lucy x

dutchess said...

thats lovely Rachel...just loving the hessian and that lovely image xxxxx

dutchess said...

sorry Maureen having a blond moment and calling you Rachel because its her challenge...xxxx

rachel said...

wow Mo - this is stunning - love it to bits - gorgeous make! Thanks so much for joining in my vintage challenge! Hugs rachel xx

Rita said...

Beautiful vintage card Maureen. I love that gorgeous image. Hugs Rita xxx

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Maureen, love all your fabulous layers and the wonderful image. Carol x

Jean said...

A fabulous vintage style Christmas card, I love the kraft and hession elements together with the charming image and lovely DPs.
Jean x

Whisper said...

Ash very classy & traditional, luv Sam x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Mo
Fabulous Vintage card... Love the image....
Hugs Sylvie xx

cotnob said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Maureen, such a beautiful vintage image and fabulous details.
Pauline
x

Mrs A. said...

Well I just have to say that your bits and bobs looks gorgeous on here and very vintage. hugs Mrs A.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is so beautiful, Mo, gorgeous textures and layers with a lovely vintage image.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love the texture the burlap gives to this lovely card. I love it. Hugs, joann

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Mo, I like the sweet image and the embellishments
Kevin xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Christmas card.
luv
Debby

April said...

This is beautiful! I love the sweet image and the design of your card!

Pia S said...

This card has everything I love about the vintage style! Love that canvas piece of a traditional old fashioned Santa and the combo of textures looks fabulous!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh so adorable, love the fabulous design.

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the canvas image and the beautiful burlap really sets it off. Such a wonderful vintage card using Rachel's theme. Hugs, Anne (Redanne) xxx

Greta said...

Beautiful vintage creation--love this!

MagsB said...

This is so beautiful, hun! Such soft, vintage colours, and lovely texture, too!

love Mags B x

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card Mo. Love the vintage look.
Hugs
xx

Carol L said...

I love every delicious detail on this beautiful vintage creation! Wonderful design!

Pat said...

This ticks all the boxes for a gorgeous vintage Christmas card Mo. I love the diagonal stripes with the dots in the background and the doily, hessian, snowflakes and twine add lots of interest too. x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a beautiful vintage card. Thank you so much for all the lovely comments at my blog x

Rebecca said...

Hi Mo, hope your okay! Your card is gorgeous, I love vintage I think it's so pretty!

Love From Rebecca xx

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! Love the vintage feel and all the lovely layers xxx

Zoe Tant said...

It's great to use up bits and bobs and you are a master at it as this if gorgeous Mo and perfect for Vintage Challenge. Zx

Unknown said...

I love all the little details on this card. That canvas image is so cool. Very clever use of your half a doily.

Darnell said...

This is fantastic, Maureen!! I love how you have seamlessly made an updated version of a vintage classic! I say updated because using the burlap is all the rage now in current cards. I really love this one!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Words and Pictures said...

Love the pretty neutrals and the rustic texture of the layers.
Alison xx

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful vintage look card! So very nicely done!

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card.
Love the vintage look to it and the bit of a distressed look to the image