Sunday 14 December 2014

Christmas Card Club - Non Traditional Colours Round II Card 45

It is time for the last 2014 fortnightly challenge for the Christmas Card Club.
GranMargaret chose the theme of Non Traditional colours. This worked out to be a great choice for me as I needed to make a card for my friend, who loves purple.

I used a card topper from a card class at my local scrapbook/card store. I am not sure the stamp manufacturer...perhaps a Woodware...alhough I am not sure at all.

I mounted it an a snippet of silver glitter card and then placed that off center on a background of Maja pale purple DP.

The DP is from the Maja stacks I won last year. I so love their papers. They have a lovely heavy weight and a wonderful distressed feel to them.

I added a bit of silver fine stretchy cord looped round twice, and tied in a bow. I had planned on running a trailing row of snowflakes down that left side but they looked awfull.  Still feel this card needs something more...may add a silver die cut sentiment on the top edge...sort of over towards the right...still undecided.


I hope she will like it...she does her Christmas tree  and her house, all decorated in purples and whites for Christmas. This card should fit right in!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Christmas Card Club - Non Traditional Colours
2.  Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets

26 comments:

brenda said...

What lush colours Mo, the purple against the gold looks so luxurious.

I don't recognise the stamp as a PB, not that it means it's not of course but I do have in the back of my mind a very similar one from Woodware a few years ago.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

Veerle said...

Love these purple colours Maureen. Very beautiful card. Hugs Veerle ;-)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very pretty!

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Maureen, love the colours and beautiful image. Carol x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is very pretty and unusual too, I love it.
Lorraine

Karen Petitt said...

That is so unusual and so very very pretty Mo! I love the colours you have used! Hope you are well huni Karen x

Hazel said...

My kind of colours, Maureen - beautiful card for Granmargaret's CCC challenge - love it. x

Kathleen said...

Wow this is so stunning, if she doesn't like it she has no taste. Love it.

Kath x

MaryH said...

Maureen, this beauty is just splendid! Love the sparkle on those flourishes, and thought perhaps you had done the coloring with some marker pens. The layout is very pretty and lets that wonderful topper take center stage. A really good take on the non-traditional colors...it's stunning. TFS & Merry Christmas

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is so different so colourful and totally gorgeous Mo, love it.
hugs
lorraine x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Maureen. the colours and image are stunning, I'm sure your friend will love it, hugs Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous colours Maureen. I love it. Hugs Mrs A.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Maureen
Fabulous card... Love the colours
Hugs Sylvie xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wow This is fantastic Maureen. I love the colors looks just like a beautiful framed picture. Very nice. Hugs, joann

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Stunning card Maureen. I love how you created the topper its beautiful! I have put a tree in my front room this year, as well as the main one in the conservatory, and have done that in lilac and cream to match the decor and it looks so pretty! Susan x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card and such fab colours.
luv
Debby

Sarn said...

Wow - very exotic! xxx

Pia S said...

STOP, don't put anything more on this card. I don't mean to sound dramatic but the cleanliness of this design makes the image be the star of the show, it's so beautiful and eye-catching:)

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Maureen, such a gorgeous image and pretty colours.
Pauline
x

Carol L said...

YOWSAH this is one GORGEOUS card! I'd love to see your friend's house decorated in my favorite color of purple! It sounds like royalty :)

Bonnie said...

Ooh, this is so pretty! My grandson told me the other day that I needed some pink and purple ornaments on my tree. Think I'll get him to make me one this weekend.

April said...

This is fabulous! I love it! xo

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is absolutely gorgeous.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Greta said...

Wow--this is just amazing! So beautiful!

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic use of non-traditional colours... the gilding is always going to give a glamorous Christmassy feel - what a fabulous card!
Alison xx

Tracy said...

Such a fun card.
Great colours and so shiny :)