Saturday 6 September 2014

Christmas Card Club - Something Beginning With The Letter S Round II - Card 19

Once again it is time for the Christmas Card Club Challenge. This time it was Hazel at My Crafty Outlook's turn to chose the theme... The Letter S.

I chose "S" for showcasing a Stamped  Sentiment only card and "S" for Snowflake...two of them in fact.  It seems I stamped quite a few images to keep ahead, last year. This one was already stamped and die cut...what luck! I made this one up at the lake, without a big shot or dies, so this was a bonus!
I managed to slide in a couple of extra  "S" items ...Script paper for the lower background DP and Striped paper behind the washi border. Not sure if that was what Hazel had in mind though!


Used papers from my snippets files, and some K&Co 3D snowflakes and poinsettia. My VOS and also NBUS item is the washi tape. I have several rolls of washi and I have never even used it! I have cast my mind back trying to remember, but I truly think I have never used any of it at all. I was always worried that it would start to peel off before I could get the cards mailed! I read on pinterest somewhere that if you tuck the edges under (much like ribbon) then you do not have to worry about that issue...so tuck I did.

Here is close up of the sparkle...


Recipe
Card base - from my stash
DP - Black script is Heidi Swap Believe; Bright pink hounds tooth is Carta Bella Merry and Bright, green striped unknown snippet
Dies - Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight
Washi - Dollar Store originally, but from my stash
Embellishments - K&Co snowflakes and poinsettia from my stash
Bling - 3 white pearls from my stash

I am entering this card in the following challenges
1, Christmas Card Club - The Letter S
2. Marks Finest Papers Christmas Card Challenge - must be Christmas
3. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
4.Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card with paper
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - must be Christmas
6. Word Art Wednesday - uplifting,

43 comments:

Veerle said...

Once more blogger problems not sure if my message came through. If not here it is again. Lovely card Maureen, I love the snowflakes. Hugs Veerle xx

Christine Harrop said...

This is gorgeous Maureen!!! I love the pink! and the snowflakes and poinsettia are so very pretty! Perfect for Hazel's challenge! Hugs Christine xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Maureen a lovely Christmas card, love the pink and black together and the green in the middle looks fabulous! I have some wash tape too but have only used it once that I can remember but I will remember your tip!
Have a wonderful day, Susan x

brenda said...

Lovely card Mo, I do love Poinsettias on a Christmas card, they always lend a feel of elegance no matter what the style.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely card with pretty embellishments and those paper snippets are very lush.
Lorraine

aussie aNNie said...

STUNNING love the image, die and gorgeous colours used.xx
The Journey is the Start

Mrs A. said...

There's another one for you 'Sparkle' and how your card does sparkle too. This had been a great challenge to do . Hazel was 'Spot ' on with her choice. Hugs Mrs A.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely design and colours.xxx

Unknown said...

The sentiment is lovely and the layered snowflakes are really pretty. Praying you have an awesome day filled with joy. Thank you for joining our 148th challenge.
Carole and the DT team at Word Art Wednesday.

Jo said...

Beautiful make Maureen love the colour combo you used! I have unused washi tape too.......must do something with it!
hugs Jo x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card for Hazel's challenge Maureen it's really beautiful lots of huggles from us all here Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a great designed card.
Love all the S elements in this card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol said...

Perfect for the challenge Maureen, lots of S's on this super card. Carol x

Aquarius said...

Pretty Christmas card and definitely in keeping with the 'S' theme (including snippets too of course).

Pia S said...

I've got loads of washi tape too, so many lovely ones, but so few ideas on how to use them.
Your card looks beautiful with the bold pink and black combo.

Karen Petitt said...

Such a pretty Christmas card, love the colours you have used Mo and using the 's' for sentiment is inspired. Love it Karen x

Hazel said...

Super card for my CCC challenge - perfect lot of Ssss - thanks too for entering this into my CHNC challenge extra for September and my Patterned Paper September challenge. x

jimlynn said...

LOVE!!! So pretty and that poinsettia is gorgeous. Love all the sparkle on this too. A stunning, stunning card.
Lynn

Rita said...

Beautiful card Maureen. Hugs Rita xx

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Mo, love the colour combo and your design with the lovely papers and snowflakes, great interpretation of challeng, hugs Kate x

MaryH said...

Maureen, this is not only a beautiful card, but very clever with the way you've interpreted all the "S" part of the CCClub challenge. You always manage to make something so delightful with the supplies you've got on hand while away from home. Love that this pretty card fits into so many different challenges too. Good for you! TFS & Big Hugs

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card.
I really like the colours and the poinsettia is really pretty.

Brenda Brown said...

Such a pretty card Mo, love the design.
Hugs Brenda xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a beautiful Christmas card.
luv
Debby

Jean said...

A very pretty card, I love the sentiment panel and the sparkly embellishments. Well done for including all those Ss.
Jean x

Di said...

Oh this is so, so pretty Mo!

Hugs, Di xx

Liz said...

Gorgeous! Hugs xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a pretty Christmas card, love the colours and the fabulous die cut.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Planetsusie said...

This is so pretty Maureen and as for stripes and script papers - well they do begin with sssssssssssssss's! lol.
Love the pink paper, that is gorgeous. Lovely design.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty!
I love that Heidi Swapp believe paper. I used it on a layout just last winter about my first Christmas when I was a baby :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty. Love the gorgeous poinsettia.

Greta said...

Love all the elements & good for you using the Washi! Mine mostly sits in the drawer--LOL!

Unknown said...

I really like the non-traditional colors on this card. That script paper is fabulous. And I really like the pink paper as well. It's kinda a funky Christmas card. Love the sparkly snowflakes.

Hettie said...

Super sparkly sumptuousness there Sweetie!
Gorgeous...well done.
Hugs
xx

Carol L said...

The colors and sparkle combine to make a real pretty card! I love the washi tape and beautiful die cut frame! NJ!

Peanut said...

What a pretty card, Maureen. And done without the aid of modern contraptions! That makes it doubly special. Love the poinsettia and the snowflake details.
hugs, Asha

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card! I love that Poinsettia, those snowflakes are so pretty-you got a lot of "S" items on this card, good for you! Love the papers and washi tape too. Hugs, Brenda

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love these wonderful snowflakes. This is just beautiful. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

cotnob said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Mo, I love your papers, the pink and brown is a lovely combination and your poinsettia and snowflakes are perfect.
Pauline
x

MagsB said...

A lovely Christmas card, hun! I love the pretty poinsettia!

love Mags B x

Wishcraft said...

Fab papers and design, a really lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Connie Mercer said...

Very pretty!!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely card, fab snowflakes and neat background papers!
hugs
Glenda