Wednesday 27 August 2014

Butterflies with Sentiments Round II Card - 15

The theme at The Butterfly Challenge is Butterfly cards with a sentiment.

This summer has brought the usual hot, dry weather to the Shuswap. As my DH would say...that is why we are here! Some weeks had temperatures hovering around 35 Celcius and some days even hotter! The RV got so hot, we needed to turn the air conditioning on to prepare supper. We were barbqueing and eating in the shaded gazebo every night, but still there is meal prep etc, and it was quite stifling inside!

The vivid colours of summer seemed washed out from the heat. Unless irrigated, everything is a soft golden tan here,,,the grasses on the verges, the fields, even the flowers, seem washed out from these high temperatures.


This triple stamped card is showing that hot, Shuswap summer look. While the orange butterflies are a vivid shade, the pink framing mats are quite subdued. Just like summers here...

This was my first attempt at triple stamping.
I do not have a steady hand or steady pressure when I stamp so my images do show that flaw...but I do not mind it too much on this card.  I fussy cut and pop dotted the bottom right butterfly, and then added a little colour to him after the fact...he just blended in too much without it.

I made this card a while back, but just posted it now, as I think it fits the theme at Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge.

Recipe
Card Base - hand cut from stash
Card stock - snippets of pink and also white card...just ordinary white card stock as it is not coloured, so didn't have to worry about bleeding inks!
Bling - teensy clear diamonds from my stash
Stamp - Inkadinkadoo Butterflies
Sentiment Stamp - Costco (years ago... this is my VOS item)

Iam entering this card in the following challneges
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. The Butterfly Challenge - Butterflies With Sentiments #13
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


26 comments:

Veerle said...

I think you did a nice job on the triple stamping Maureen. It's a pretty card. Have a nice day, greetings from Veerle x

Veerle said...

I think you did a nice job on the triple stamping Maureen. It's a pretty card. Have a nice day, greetings from Veerle x

brenda said...

How delicate and elegant Mo and very effective layering.

B x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,lovely butterflies and colours.xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Maureen you need to come over here - currently 15 Celsius! Maybe we should swap for a while lol. I used to live in Saskatchewan and remember the long hot summers with nothing to look at apart from miles and miles of prairies!

Love your triple stamped card the butterflies are gorgeous and love the added one! Hugs Susan xx

Sue said...

This is really lovely Maureen beautiful card huggles Sue xxx

jimlynn said...

I've never tried the triple stamping but this is so beautiful it makes me want to try it now. Gorgeous butterflies and love the color.
Lynn

Jean said...

A lovely triple stamped card. I like this technique, I used myself for the first time recently.
Jean x

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Mo, love your stamping and image, the subdued shades are so lovely.

I couldn't go that amount of heat Mo, I would be exhausted, take care, hugs Kate x

Kathleen said...

Very clever card indeed and love the colour.

Kath x

Sharon said...

This is beautiful. I love the gorgeous butterflies and layers.
Hugs Sharon. x

Carol said...

Great stamping Maureen, love the colours. Not tried triple stamping yet..it's on my to do list! Carol x

MaryH said...

This is gorgeous. I love these layered cards and have never had the courage to try it. Love it with the butterflies. Wow, you're on a roll, girl! TFS & Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Really lovely butterfly stamped image used on this creation...beautiful colours too along with those papers. have a great weekend.
♥aNNie


The Journey is the Start

Erika said...

Hi Mo, weather not great here the last couple of days, very wet doggy walking!
Loving your butterfly card and the clever stamping effect. Great idea.

Enjoy your weekend, hugs Erika. x

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is beautiful, Mo! I love the triple stamping and I'll be giving the technique a go soon myself :)

Hugs,
Em x
Creative Em

aussie aNNie said...

Returning to thank you for your sweet words, I miss my dad and not being able to see him as he is just 5 minutes away....:( xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
superb triple stamping on this delightful butterfly card.
Not ever tried this.
You are having a heatwave, and we are having a quite cold August, but it suits me as I'm not into very hot weather.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Anonymous said...

It most certainly does Maureen. I love the soft orange with the pink. This is a technique I have seen but never gotten around to trying myself. Really must remedy that. Thankyou for fluttering by #13. Hugs Mrs A.

Pia S said...

I work in a travel agency and I'm more used to 5 star hotel stays rather than RV and camping, to be honest. But I must admit I've got pictures in my head of how lovely it must be where you spend the summers, it sounds so cosy and relaxing, and I'd love to sit in a RV crafting like you do!
I've only tried this technique once before, and I used a butterfly image too, but only one. Love how this card turned out!

Di said...

So pretty Mo! Love the colours - they do look sun bleached, soft and gentle.

I love the triple stamping - but it involves a craft knife - eek! I cheat and use three layers of patterned paper and a trimmer :)

Gosh, it's time to write the Playground roll call - where did the week go? :(

Hugs, Di xx

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Mo, fabulous design.
I don't think I could cope with such hot weather, I start to flag when it gets above 25 Celsius!
Pauline
x

Greta said...

Super neat card--love it!

nwilliams6 said...

So fun to catch up with you today. I have loved reading everything while having my coffee. Great butterfly card - very pretty layout and colors. Hugz

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card Mo, what a clever idea to triple stamp with those fab butterflies.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Tracy said...


Very pretty card.
I like the thin frames, added dimension.