Wednesday 23 April 2014

Purple is as purple does - Cards 5, 6 and 7

I am busy working on getting my 50 cards finished!

I am keeping busy making fifty cards before I spend any money on consumables. Heavy weight card stock and Sook Wang are exempt. My LSS had 40% off a line today, so I managed to get 100 sheets of my favourite Bazzil heavy weight card for cutting my card bases.

Today's cards are 3 from a set of 6 I have made for a friend. Now those of you that follow me, might remember that I actually do not like purple at all! But I do like my friend, so purple it is...



This last one is a bit out of focus on the sentiment. Here is a close up so you can see it is not as bad as it looks...and shows the lashings of stickles on these cards!

This trio features some 3 dimensional flowers from the dollar store. I bought the flower packet and one with the matching butterflies, quite some time ago. I had this friend in mind when I bought them, as I knew she would like the colours. Found the paper pad at the same store and as it all seemed to match, I picked it up too. So my forgotten $3.75 dollar store stash has made 6 cards so far, and I still have butterflies and paper left to make many more.

Recipe - card bases cut from my stash
DP - (Forever in Time) from my stash
Card Stock  - snippets of white and various purple shades, from my stash
3D flowers - from my stash (originally from the $ Store)
Butterflies - from my stash (originally from the $ Store)
Ribbon - velvet rickrack from my stash (originally Michael's)
Dies - Spellbinder circle, scalloped circle; oval and scalloped oval, Impression Obsession fish tale banner; I think the doily is a Marianne die
EF - Swiss Dots
Stickles - Stardust, from my stash
Stamps - Best Wishes is Inkadinkadoo; Sorry I'm Late is Stampin' Up

*********These are cards  #5, #6, and #7 of my 50 card goal*****************

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Butterfly Challenge - #6 Glamorous butterflies I am entering my third card with the close up of the glammed up, glittery butterfly

19 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are all beautiful Mo I like the flowers and the different designs.
Kevin xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

10% done Maureen!! Wonderful cards I love lilac one of my favourites so I am sure your friend will love them all. Hugs Susan x

Di said...

Beautiful cards Mo! I really do love the purples :)

Linked you into the Playground!

Hugs, Di xx

Sharon said...

These are gorgeous. Lovely images and the purple looks beautiful!!! You have done a fabulous job and your friend I am sure will be thrilled.
Have a lovely day.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sarn said...

Three very pretty purple cards her Mo. Good luck with your mission!.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh Mo, I am just so proud of you for your willpower...You are my hero...I don't think I could do it...But your card is beautiful. It shows your creativity and I love everything about it. Especially the beautiful flower paper. Hugs, joann

jimlynn said...

All three are gorgeous! Loving all that wonderful purple and your designs.
Lynn

cotnob said...

Three beautiful cards, I love the pretty floral images, you have a very lucky friend.
Pauline
x

Pia S said...

I feel the same about green as you do about purple, and I can tell you I wouldn't be able top produce such lovely cards like these using a color I don't like. Well done!

Kathleen said...

Great set of card, great layouts and love how you have used the flowers.
I don't dislike purple but it is not a colour that I use very often.

Kath x

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Mo! loving the sparkle and the pretty papers you have used:) lots huggles from us all here..Sue xx

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cathy said...

Hi Mo, I'm back again! I love these purple cards (I do like purple) and I'm sure your friend will too. I'm following your lead and not ordering anything new until I've designed 25 cards! Hopefully it will make me use things I had to have but haven't opened yet! Hope all is going well today :) Cathy x

Mary Jo said...

What a pretty card set!
As I am organizing and cleaning up my scrap space, I have come to the decision that I am on a scrapbook spending freeze for the rest of the year!
I am limiting myself to just buying cardstock and adhesive if needed.
I really need to try up and use what I have here!

Hettie said...

Gorgeous Mo. I do rather like these. And especially because they are purple. Did you know I LOVE purple!
Hugs
xx

Marisol Benitez said...

Followed you over here from the 2peas general stamping blog.

Very nice cards! I agree purple is a hard color to use but you manage to create several beautiful cards. I'm sure your friend will love them.

Mrs A. said...

I love the third card that you have entered my challenge with. The glittery look is fab. If I was following your rules I would have fallen at the first hurdle. So far my bounty this weekend has been 2 new stamps and a punch that I saw on other blogs and just had to have!!! Thank you for fluttering by #6. hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

Tracy said...

All of your cards are very pretty.
The dollar stores have some great crafty supplies don't they :)

Lynn said...

Very pretty cards - I like the colour combination. Lynn x